We shift and create our own reality, telling our energetic story based on our thoughts, ideas, beliefs and fears. Sometimes we can’t always change the immediate situation. When it is particularly difficult, I remind myself that I am in control of my reaction to that experience.
I find that this bit of wisdom is most needed when we are in the middle of a change. We constantly ask the Universe for something new, whether it is in the area of love, money, health, family or spirituality… but when the change begins we start to feel as if we are falling a part. Chaos is the metaphorical goddess of change; bring with her the seed of something new.
There is no change without uncertainty. Remind yourself that manifesting and change go hand in hand, and that change by nature isn’t static. Learn to dance with change. Take Chaos by the hand and treat her to a slow dance or something a little more wild.
I want you to repeat daily:
“My life is shifting, growing and moving in the direction of my highest good. My mind and heart are open to the dance of change.”
© Shaheen Miro 2014
Tapping into your intuition and following your psychic nudges begins with stillness! As we are creating sacred space in our lives it becomes more and more important to stop and listen… listen to the voice inside of your, the dialogue running through your head, and the worn-out thoughts, beliefs and ideas you are replaying.
Do you ever feel completely overwhelmed, even frustrated by the amount of things running through your head? I know I experience this feeling of exhaustion from time to time… sometimes it’s brought on with good intentions. I am sitting there just channeling some sort of creative idea or inspiration and then I keel over in defeat because the amount of energy it takes to think about it all is so overwhelming… and then I remember… stillness!
You will never really hear all the beautiful things your spirit is trying to tell you until you stop and listen!
So many of us want answers about our lives. We are wondering what’s next. Where we are going. How life is going to be. How we are going to solve our problems. Fix our mistakes. Right our wrongs. Or achieve our dreams.
You know you’ve been asking the Universe these big questions. Talk, talk, talk… now listen!
The Universe can never solve your problems if you don’t shut up and listen!
Sometimes the answers are subtle; sometimes they are loud and clear. Sometimes they will be spelled out for you. You may get hit with a sudden feeling of inspiration. You may hear a song, or a phrase that just hits the spot.
These things come when you make space for them.
A few ways you can do this:
- Spend a few minutes daily in meditation. This can be done before you begin your day, or just when you end it.
- Prayer is often us asking for guidance, but the heart of prayer… the real secret is to stop and listen. What feelings do you get. What vibration is firing through you as you are communicating with the Divine?
- It’s all about staying in motion. Feel yourself move, feel your body. Get out of your head and. Let your mind, body and spirit connect through exercise, yoga or even a long walk. I love doing yoga because I have to be present when I am in a pose. I have to listen to my body and my breath. Usually the places where you hold tension in you body give you insight into where you are being rigid in your life.
- Enjoy a warm cup of tea. Let yourself smell all the lovely aromas, and feel the steam open up your head. Take a sip and swirl the liquid around your tongue. Actually taste the tea (or whatever you’re drinking). This will allow you to be present, to observe whatever is happening in that moment. And it’s so soothing!
- Take a nice long bath and let the tension of your day melt from your body. Don’t rush or worry. You are in this moment relaxing. Let the steam and the bubbles and all the delicious scents clear your head and heart. Sing and smile and close your eyes. Some of the best revelations come in a warm bath.
- Spend more times with your pets. These spirit babies are gifts from the Universe sent here to add unconditional love and understanding to your life. They help to transmute negative energy and turn into in to positive and productive energy. When you connect with the pure feelings of love you link into your intuitive self.
- Take time to listen to good, uplifting music. Let the word and sounds enter you. Sing along or just close your eyes and drift away. Music isn’t meant to be background noise. It’s meant to be a doorway to another world where you can feel and experience something inside of your, or something more expansive than you. Open up and let go for a while.
As you move through the levels of stillness you are creating internal sacred space. Giving yourself this space allows you to tap into all of your wisdom. This is really the heart of spirituality. Finding center and learning to live from that place is the most pure intention.
© Shaheen Miro 2014
Memories are some of our most treasured possessions. We hold them close to our hearts. Some of us get caught in memories, others hide from memories and there are those who have lost memories. Regardless, memories are crystals that hold spiritual power… they are able to conjure up the past in seconds.
What have you been nostalgic about lately? Has it been a place from you past, a feeling you remember from long ago or someone whom you haven’t seen for years? There may be a message in all of this.
Memories are vehicles of change. As the old saying goes, “the past repeats itself.” If a painful time from your past has been on your mind, ask yourself what you may learn from the experience still. Is there a glimmer of good in the darkness? On the other hand you may be visited by brighter times from your past, wondering about old friends or lovers… the good times will cycle back around!
Its true can never get back to that exact time or place again, but you can always pull that feeling close to you and be with it for a moment. But really there is no such thing as time, in our hearts and minds time doesn’t exist. It’s only our perception of it.
This is my August Love Letter!
I’m sure you are enjoying all the good energy in the air. It seems as though this is a month of mystical connections. Expect lots of synchronicities, and things/people/ideas from the past popping up! Something in the air seems to be bringing everything together… ride the wave.
To answer a common question I have had recently… Yes, I will be in Cincinnati for a while (you never know where the wind will take me), but for now I am here.
Would you like to arrange an in-person reading or Reiki session?
Also, People have asked about one-on-one and remote classes. I would be happy to do this! What do you want to explore? Tarot, Lenormand, Reiki, Spiritual Cleansing??
I would be happy to answer any questions about this… just reply!
August 16: If you’ve missed my beautiful face you can come visit me in Washington Park for the City Flea! I will be doing Readings, and Reiki with my fabulous friend, Patricia Garry. I would love, love, LOVE to see you there. :- )
The Flea is such a great atmosphere and there is tons of great food and trinkets for you to explore. So don’t miss it!
Check out The City Flea, HERE! Readings and Reiki August 16 th!
I will bring along some of my decks, Shaheen’s Tattered Nomad Oracle for those who are interested in purchasing them.
And, If you get the chance, check out my article in the August Issue of Soul Path Magazine!
Buy the August issue, HERE, for only $5.00!
Things to Stay Tuned for:
There will be a special edition of, Shaheen’s Tattered Nomad Oracle coming out in the fall. I cannot wait to share more details!!
Starting in September I will be partnering with one of my favorite authors and readers for a series of articles. I will do a proper intro later this month.
Oh… and I have a wonderful interview coming up with a medium who I admire very much! She is British, has amazing hair, and gave us exclusive glimpse into her “Life Among the Dead”!
So as you can see… there are some great things I am going to share with you over the next couple of months.
Enough about me… how are you?
Reply to this message with questions and comments!
Check out the new issue of Soul Path Magazine for August.
This month is about Colors and the goddess Wuriupranili. Lots of wonderful and insightful information in this issue (as always).
This issue I wrote about the Aura and how to work with its energy and colors.
Check out all the awesome information, including my article “The Gypsies Insights: Exploring the Aura.
Soul Path Magazine is part of the Soul Path Tribe. It is, “Pagan-friendly community & monthly goal-making kits for women who want life with more magic and less mundania” -Soul Path Tribe
Filled with wonderful resources for building up your spirit and helping you attain a happy, and spiritually fulfilling life! There is really something here for everyone… pagan or not… woman or not!
Buy the August issue, HERE, for only $5.00!
or join the Soul Path Tribe at http://soulpathtribe.com/
Stop telling yourself that there is no time for dreaming. I want you to remember that there is always something beautiful to be found, no matter how dark and dismal things may seem. You have to know that dreams can come alive in the dark.
If you have been working toward a goal or dreaming up some huge, crazy thing, then get ready because dreams are about to come true. It is your right to have everything you want. All the things that build you up, that make you feel whole, spiritual and vibrant are meant to be yours.
Do not deny yourself of your dreams!
Happiness is not somewhere in the distance. Respect your path and your spirit, and honor the wisdom that lives inside of you. When you embrace the inner callings of your soul, you open a treasure trove of possibilities.
What has been on your mind will now come into you life… so stop the worries! What you give your energy to is a request to the Universe to bring that vibration into your life. So bring only goodness in.
Begin to rejoice in the present moment as possibilities are in the process of becoming reality. Keep calling to your dreams and they will float softly to you. Now is the time and you have all the magic in the universe at your fingertips.
Affirm: “I can dream my biggest dreams, and I have the right to attain everyone of them. Each day I wake, a new dream is made reality…. And I am grateful for it!”
All the best,
Everyone has a collective of celestial helpers waiting to by their side. These are your spirit guides, and they are waiting patiently to help you. Sadly, some people never learn to consciously connect with their guides, but here is some information to introduce you to who they are and what they do!
What are Spirit Guides?
- A spirit guides is a discarnate entity that’s sole purpose is to aide you on your life path. You and your guide made a soul level contract before incarnation that they would watch over, guide and protect you, as well as disperse spiritual insights and synchronicities into your life.
- Your spirit guide has a unique understanding of you and the path that you have laid out for yourself. Often they work with you when you create your spiritual map. They have a vantage point from which they guide you because they are able to see your map clearly and they can view the “bigger” picture of our journey.
- Your spirit guide is your souls assistant working behind the scenes. Whether you are aware of them, they constantly watch over, protect and guide you.
Does everyone have a spirit guide?
- Absolutely everyone has a spirit guide. Some may argue that there are people who do not have guides, but as far as I have seen we all do. No matter what your religious background or beliefs are, even if you do not believe in God, you still have a guide.
- We have a primary guide, who has incarnated at least once. The reason being is so that they have empathy about our journey here on earth. Now if you do not believe in incarnation or that whole philosophy it doesn’t negate the idea of a spirit guide. We also have a secondary guide or guides that can walk into your lives at key points bringing us more specialized guidance. For example: If you are beginning to explore a new career path and you are very passionate about it, but not very confidant you may have a secondary guide who steps in and helps you in this area. They are specialty guides.
How can I recognize the presence of my spirit guide?
- Any time you are stressed or undergoing extreme changes in your life a spirit guide will be more dominant in your life. Their purpose is to help you with the difficult areas of your journey, so when times are tough remember that they are there.
- It is common for people to hear their name being called, when no one is around. Usually your guides are trying to get your attention.
- You may see flashing lights, often blue or white. Maybe even shadows or silhouettes out of the corner of your eye.
- Reoccurring dreams, especially of a stranger whom you feel comfortable with.
- A unique fascination with a name or geographical place, which is often connected to the name or ethnicity of your guide.
- Some sort of reoccurring symbol. Such as numbers, letters, motifs, etc.
- Physical sensations. Often the feeling of being touched on a shoulder or hand or someone standing near you to one side or the other.
How can I know my guides name and what they look like?
- Most people like to know the name of their guide first. There are many ways to get the name of your guide. Basically you can ask, “What is your name?” and then wait to see which name pops into your head first, or which names stands out to you (the next person you meet, a billboard, song on the radio or it may be written on a piece of paper). You can also use a baby name book and open a page at random and select a name by pointing with your eyes closed. Or the other way is to use a name that you feel drawn to.
- People often want to know how their guides look or what their sex is before they connect with them. My answer to this is 1) they may appear in whatever form they wish. As an animal, ball of light or a physical person. Your primary guide will typically take the form of a human. Meditation is key in finding out what they look like or you may have a dream or vision or you could ask a reader. 2) You can ask them to appear in a certain form because your guide will do whatever it takes to work with you in your comfort zone.
How can I easily speak to my guide?
- The simplest way to speak with your guide is by talking out loud to them. Your guide will find some way to communicate back with you. This could be through symbols, visions, dreams, songs, verbal communication, feelings, television programs or other people. They will find the best way to communicate with you if you just trust.
- Using an oracle deck is an easy and powerful way to communicate with them.
- Write letters to them or leave little messages posted around your home or office.
- Mediate. You can do this through a guided meditation or by simply being still for a few minutes a day.
- Creativity and art. They are drawn to creativity and they love to inspire us. Inspiration comes from the word spirit!
A few more things
- Angels and spirit guides are not the same. Typically your spirit guide is not a loved one who passed. These are three different types of entities.
- Your guides have far more ability to help you when you ASK for them to help!
- Spirit guides do not control any aspect of your life; they only offer you help and guidance. You have free will at all times. You may even ask for certain aspects of your life to be inaccessible to your guides if you like.
- They are not all knowing. They have more insight into our life because they are watching outside of it and they can connect with our subconscious mind which is far wiser and our map.
- Guides are never negative, harmful, pushy, controlling or frightening.
- They know when to turn their heads if you know what I mean, but they are never truly absent.
- They truly are your bestfriends. When you begin to connect with them, it should be more like a reunion, rather than a first encounter.
This information is only a small portion of what can be written about the subject. I’ve only pulled out the basics to get you started so that you can begin working with and calling on your guides. Once you’ve read this you can begin enriching your life by consciously connecting with them.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions that you may have about this subject. If there is anything that I can elaborate on or any confusion I may clear up, I would be more than happy to. And I would love to hear any stories you may have about working with your guides. What was your first encounter like? Do you remember the first time you consciously worked with your guide?
If you have questions, comments or stories, please comment below, or tweet @ShaheenMiro #TheGypsyTalks
@ShaheenMiro | #TheGypsyTalks
© Shaheen Miro 3/22/2011