Do you feel icky in public? Does your mood instantly change for no reason? Do you ever feel thick clouds hanging heavy over a room? Do you experience thoughts that come from nowhere? How about feeling like someone is in your bubble? Sounds like you need to put on some psychic armor!
The Reality of Energy
There is a never endless storm of energies brewing around you. Energy hangs heavy in the air and floats about, mostly, undetected. People invade your space by trying to intermingle their alien energies with your own. It is easy to be caught in the tangled web of energy, which leads to mood poisoning, energetic cords and attachments. These are all signs of a weakened psychic shield.
The importance of surrounding yourself with energetic protection is the utmost! Your energy is a glowing, swirling mass of beautiful golden light. It is magnetic, brilliant and sparkling. To quote Gollum, it is, “The precious!” Your energetic field is your life force, a conglomeration of everything that you are… and if you aren’t psychically protected, everything you encounter!
Your aura is filled with all the thoughts, feelings and experiences you have. You’ve also collected a number of attachments, and cords in your aura, which eat away at your energy and leave you drained. It’s the equivalent of leaving your wifi unlocked… But WORSE!
You Need Psychic Protection When
If you have difficulty sleeping at night. If you feel foggy at work. If you are drained after spending time with a particular person. If you are drained, angry, anxious, depressed, physically sick and spaced out. If you feel like people are pulling at your energy, thus draining it. Or you are taking on other people’s energy.
You can become a victim to a psychic vampire (someone who sucks away your essence) or pick up empathetic impressions (you take on the emotions/ mental state of someone else).
Protect your energy! Protect your life-force! Protect your precious!
What You Can Do
Surround yourself with a shield of protection! Regardless of how you perceive Divinity, you have access to spiritual protection. You should surround yourself with a beautiful bubble of divine light. Have you had your does of white light today?
If not… try this! Visualize a white light falling from above, like water, encompassing your entire body, from head to toe. See the light surround you in a warm, robust bubble of white fire. As you surround yourself, set the intention that, “Only energies serving my highest good may enter this divine shield”. Nothing can cross this shield!
Take It a Step Further
Visualize a shield of mirrors, reflecting outward, surrounding the bubble of white light. These mirrors will deflect any negativity and harm sent your way. Intended, “All harm and negativity sent toward me shall be deflected”.
If you are feeling particularly vulnerable you can call your angels and spirit guides in. Remember, your guides are most helpful when you ask for them. You can ask for the aid of any angel, deity, master or saint that feels right to you.
I often call upon Archangel Michael. He is the divine protector. His energy is intense, vibrant, loving and extremely powerful. He always appears to me as a tall, dark headed man, with a beautiful smile, chiseled jaw and sturdy figure. His eyes burn with devotion and authority. His gestures are gentle, and filled with grace. He wields a fiery sward to ward off harm, and cut through negativity.
When I call Archangel Michael, I ask him and his band of helpers to stand beside me. To protect me from all harm. And to cut away any negative and stray energy which may be affecting me. I know without a doubt that he is there.
Explore what works for you!
Begin with the simple white light exercise. This is the easiest way to protect yourself. You can do it in a flash. Whenever you are feeling invaded and vulnerable, close your eyes, take a deep breath and see the light surround you. Zip yourself in tight!
You may find a certain color, other than white, makes you feel safe and secure. You can surround yourself with colors of any particular intention, along with your white light. You can see yourself surround by a shield of any material. Whatever works for you to create a strong and sturdy energetic shield!
Try it before taking the bus to work, or before going into a stressful meeting or entering a busy coffee shop.
See what happens. It couldn’t hurt to try a little white light!! I promise it will help.
What psychically unsafe situations have you found yourself in? Have you experienced any of these symptoms? How do you protect yourself psychically?
© Shaheen Miro 2013
Wrap your satin glow around me
In protection, power and grace
Give me the vision to see beyond
These walls that keep me bound
In this illusion of depletion and separation
Hush my ego self so that spirit may whisper to me
Working through my fragile shell to guide
Those who seek refuge in your light
Allow me to access with clarity
The wisdom, the healing and the knowledge
Of the all knowing, the I Am
So that our path in this earth-walk may be
A little easier, a little brighter
Let me bask in the love of the Universe
Grant me the courage and the power to see
The love and light within my spirit
Allow me to step beyond the veil
To the world where we have not forgotten our glory
Where time flows into one golden ring
And the answers I seek are found
And where the desires I have are made real
With the hand of celestial helpers guiding me
And the love of the guiding flames
Let me walk this path
In this moment, in each day
So shall it be
© Shaheen Miro 2009
Lately I’ve been thinking about psychic protection and how important it is. I am constantly around new people, rushing on and off buses and down hectic streets and I constantly feel the invasive and alien presence of other people’s energies trying to intermingle with my own. I always place protection around myself, but its in those moments especially I silently surround myself with a good solid shield.
During session I often talk with people about their energy levels. Many people complain about feeling drained at work or around a certain individual. Some people struggle with sleeping at night or being in certain areas of their house even. And I often find it is because of a lack of protection. It’s extremely important to be protected energetically.
The importance of surrounding yourself with energetic protection is the utmost! Our energy is like a glowing, swirling mass of beautiful golden light. It is magnetic, brilliant and sparkling. To quote Gollum, it is, “The precious!” Your energetic field, some may call it your aura, your life force, it is the conglomeration of everything that you are and if you aren’t protecting it you are allowing any and everyone/ thing to have access to it.
What I like to do, which is very simple, is to visualize a white light like a waterfall falling from the sky, flowing around me, forming a glowing shield of bright, white, fiery light around me. I instill in this image the intention that no harm can cross this shield. I also like to visualize mirrored sphere surrounding that white light, reflecting outward. And I put the intention that all negative and harmful energies be deflected from me.
I often call on protection when I feel really in need. No matter what your spiritual or religious background is you may call on Spirit to guide and protect you. You can even call on a specific energy by name. Such as an angel, deity, master or saint. I like to call on Archangel Michael because his energy is intense, vibrant, loving and extremely powerful. I know if he is around nothing is coming my way. I have a personal connection to him and it makes me feel even safer to call on him and his band of helpers.
I see Michael as this tall, beautiful, dark headed man… with a chiseled jaw and sturdy figure. His eyes burn with devotion and authority and his gestures are gentle and graceful. He carries with him a fiery sword that wards off and cuts through all negativity and harm. I ask him to stand near me surrounding me in protection and I always know he is there. Please explore… pull from what feels right to you. If you feel an affinity with a particular entity then ask them to protect you.
You can also recite a prayer or chant. Even wear a few protective talismans or stones. Use whatever invokes a sense of protection and security around you. Be mindful that whenever you are in crowded places especially you are more vulnerable to others latching onto your energy. So you may wish to have a ritual of sorts to do often or on the spot if needed.
If you aren’t psychically protected what you can experience is a feeling of being drained, angry, anxious, depressed, physically sick and spaced out. Basically it is the affect of either people pulling at your energy and draining it, or you taking on the energy of other people; you either become victim to a psychic vampire (someone who sucks away your essence) or you pick up empathetic impressions (you take on the emotions/ mental state of someone else). White light helps to avoid this.
Even if you think this sounds too esoteric or too mystical magical… try it. See what happens if you just take a few minutes to visualize white light around you. Try it before taking the bus to work, or before going into a stressful meeting or entering a busy coffee shop. See how you feel afterwards. I promise it will help.
I hope these techniques offer something for your spiritual practice! Please, let me know if you have any other questions.
Comment below, or tweet @ShaheenMiro #TheGypsyTalks
Did you enjoy this post? You may also like:
@ Shaheen Miro 7/11/2011
I’ve been contemplating doing a post about this for some time and recently I had a conversation with someone about the subject. So I decided I would give you some basic information about spirit guides. This is enough to get you started!
What are Spirit Guides?
- A spirit guides is a discarnate entity that’s sole purpose is to aide you on your life path. You and your guide made a soul level contract before incarnation that they would watch over, guide and protect you, as well as disperse spiritual insights and synchronicities into your life.
- Your spirit guide has a unique understanding of you and the path that you have laid out for yourself. Often they work with you when you create your spiritual map. They have a vantage point from which they guide you because they are able to see your map clearly and they can view the “bigger” picture of our journey.
- Your spirit guide is your souls assistant working behind the scenes. Whether you are aware of them, they constantly watch over, protect and guide you.
Does everyone have a spirit guide?
- Absolutely everyone has a spirit guide. Some may argue that there are people who do not have guides, but as far as I have seen we all do. No matter what your religious background or beliefs are, even if you do not believe in God, you still have a guide.
- We have a primary guide, who has incarnated at least once. The reason being is so that they have empathy about our journey here on earth. Now if you do not believe in incarnation or that whole philosophy it doesn’t negate the idea of a spirit guide. We also have a secondary guide or guides that can walk into your lives at key points bringing us more specialized guidance. For example: If you are beginning to explore a new career path and you are very passionate about it, but not very confidant you may have a secondary guide who steps in and helps you in this area. They are specialty guides.
How can I recognize the presence of my spirit guide?
- Any time you are stressed or undergoing extreme changes in your life a spirit guide will be more dominant in your life. Their purpose is to help you with the difficult areas of your journey, so when times are tough remember that they are there.
- It is common for people to hear their name being called, when no one is around. Usually your guides are trying to get your attention.
- You may see flashing lights, often blue or white. Maybe even shadows or silhouettes out of the corner of your eye.
- Reoccurring dreams, especially of a stranger whom you feel comfortable with.
- A unique fascination with a name or geographical place, which is often connected to the name or ethnicity of your guide.
- Some sort of reoccurring symbol. Such as numbers, letters, motifs, etc.
- Physical sensations. Often the feeling of being touched on a shoulder or hand or someone standing near you to one side or the other.
How can I know my guides name and what they look like?
- Most people like to know the name of their guide first. There are many ways to get the name of your guide. Basically you can ask, “What is your name?” and then wait to see which name pops into your head first, or which names stands out to you (the next person you meet, a billboard, song on the radio or it may be written on a piece of paper). You can also use a baby name book and open a page at random and select a name by pointing with your eyes closed. Or the other way is to use a name that you feel drawn to.
- People often want to know how their guides look or what their sex is before they connect with them. My answer to this is 1) they may appear in whatever form they wish. As an animal, ball of light or a physical person. Your primary guide will typically take the form of a human. Meditation is key in finding out what they look like or you may have a dream or vision or you could ask a reader. 2) You can ask them to appear in a certain form because your guide will do whatever it takes to work with you in your comfort zone.
How can I easily speak to my guide?
- The simplest way to speak with your guide is by talking out loud to them. Your guide will find some way to communicate back with you. This could be through symbols, visions, dreams, songs, verbal communication, feelings, television programs or other people. They will find the best way to communicate with you if you just trust.
- Using an oracle deck is an easy and powerful way to communicate with them.
- Write letters to them or leave little messages posted around your home or office.
- Mediate. You can do this through a guided meditation or by simply being still for a few minutes a day.
- Creativity and art. They are drawn to creativity and they love to inspire us. Inspiration comes from the word spirit!
A few more things
- Angels and spirit guides are not the same. Typically your spirit guide is not a loved one who passed. These are three different types of entities.
- Your guides have far more ability to help you when you ASK for them to help!
- Spirit guides do not control any aspect of your life; they only offer you help and guidance. You have free will at all times. You may even ask for certain aspects of your life to be inaccessible to your guides if you like.
- They are not all knowing. They have more insight into our life because they are watching outside of it and they can connect with our subconscious mind which is far wiser and our map.
- Guides are never negative, harmful, pushy, controlling or frightening.
- They know when to turn their heads if you know what I mean, but they are never truly absent.
- They truly are your bestfriends. When you begin to connect with them, it should be more like a reunion, rather than a first encounter.
This information is only a small portion of what can be written about the subject. I’ve only pulled out the basics to get you started so that you can begin working with and calling on your guides. Once you’ve read this you can begin enriching your life by consciously connecting with them.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions that you may have about this subject. If there is anything that I can elaborate on or any confusion I may clear up, I would be more than happy to. And I would love to hear any stories you may have about working with your guides. What was your first encounter like? Do you remember the first time you consciously worked with your guide?
© Shaheen Miro 3/22/2011