Sometimes I feel so anxious because I have a million things swirling through my head. It’s a constant whirl wind of thoughts and ideas, sometimes inspiration can be overwhelming and I feel that when it’s time to step up to the plate… I just don’t have the strength. I’ve been trying to figure out how to manage better, and be able to have ample time and energy to put into creative projects.
Dancing with chaos is part of the process. The vibrant world of thoughts, ideas and feelings, never die down… unless we spend the time to drown it out and why would anyone want to do that. I am working to be receptive to these ideas and trying to find the pulse, the thread that pulls them all together so I can link into it and dance.
Everything must come at you for a reason; there are no coincidence and accidents in the Universe. We live in an intricately connected web; a beautiful tapestry and we must learn to see our part in that. We must gather all the things that make us unique and utilize them… just allowing them to be what they are.
I remember talking to my professor in the Fall and telling her that I felt at least 70% of a project is the act of thinking about it… the other 30 % is doing it. But I get stuck at the thinking stage, so maybe I need to get out of my head. I need to get my feet of the ground and get moving.
Overanalyzing ideas can be a real killer, but it’s hard not to because you want to have some sense of direction. At what point is an idea solid enough that you just run with it? What I said in a previous post holds weight here… we shouldn’t be so focused on the end. That’s what I must remind myself of. The project, the art, the beautify will unfold… as long as I keep pulling that silver thread.
With all of the potential that this summer holds, I must bring some organization to these thoughts and ideas. Since I work well with writing, I will begin by writing out my goals. Sometimes it’s good to jot things down, just to acknowledge their existence. Then I need to get into the habit of setting dates, though I feel very limited by them at times, it will really help. From this I think I can begin to give shape and form to my inspiration.
Do you have any methods for helping you stay focused and grounded in your projects and ideas? What do you like to do, to kick of a new project?
© Shaheen Miro