How Important is it to Make Time for Stillness?
Tapping into your intuition and following your psychic nudges begins with stillness! As we are creating sacred space in our lives it becomes more and more important to stop and listen… listen to the voice inside of your, the dialogue running through your head, and the worn-out thoughts, beliefs and ideas you are replaying.
Do you ever feel completely overwhelmed, even frustrated by the amount of things running through your head. I know I experience this feeling of exhaustion from time to time… sometimes its brought on with good intentions. I am sitting there just channeling some sort of creative idea or inspiration and then I keel over in defeat because the amount of energy it takes to think about it all is so overwhelming… and then I remember… stillness!
You will never really hear all the beautiful things your spirit is trying to tell you until you stop and listen!
So many of us want answers about our lives. We are wondering what’s next. Where we are going. How life is going to be. How we are going to solve our problems. Fix our mistakes. Right our wrongs. Or achieve our dreams.
You know you’ve been asking the Universe these big questions. Talk, talk, talk… now listen!
The Universe can never solve your problems if you don’t shut up and listen!
Sometimes the answers are subtle; sometimes they are loud and clear. Sometimes they will be spelled out for you. You may get hit with a sudden feeling of inspiration. You may hear a song, or a phrase that just hits the spot.
These things come when you make space for them.
A few ways you can do this:
- Spend a few minutes daily in meditation. This can be done before you begin your day, or just when you end it.
- Prayer is often us asking for guidance, but the heart of prayer… the real secret is to stop and listen. When feelings do you get. What vibration is firing through you as you are communicating with the Divine?
- It’s all about staying in motion. Feel yourself move, feel your body. Get out of your head and. Let your mind, body and spirit connect through exercise, yoga or even a long walk. I love doing yoga because I have to be present when I am in a pose. I have to listen to my body and my breath. Usually the places where I hold tension in my body give me insight into where I am being rigid in my life.
- Enjoy a warm cup of tea. Let yourself smell all the lovely aromas, and feel the steam open up your head. Take a sip and swirl the liquid around your tongue. Actually taste the tea (or whatever you’re drinking). This will allow you to be present, to observe whatever is happening in that moment. And it’s so soothing!
- Take a nice long bath and let the tension of your day melt from your body. Don’t rush or worry. You are in this moment relaxing. Let the steam and the bubbles and all the delicious scents clear your head and heart. Sing and smile and close your eyes. Some of the best revelations come in a warm bath.
- Spend more times with your pets. These spirit babies are gifts from the Universe sent here to add unconditional love and understanding to your life. They help to transmute negative energy and turn into in to positive and productive energy. When you connect with the pure feelings of love you link into your intuitive self.
- Take time to listen to good, uplifting music. Let the word and sounds enter you. Sing along or just close your eyes and drift away. Music isn’t meant to be background noise. It’s meant to be a doorway to another world where you can feel and experience something inside of your, or something more expansive than you. Open up and let go for a while.
As you move through the levels of stillness you are creating internal sacred space. Giving yourself this space allows you to tap into all of your wisdom. This is really the heart of spirituality. Finding center and learning to live from that place is the most pure intention.
© Shaheen Miro 2014