Sign up for the Newsletter to the right for exclusive articles, magical love letters, and more—> Spend a few mystical moments with Shaheen to discover your weekly flow with the Intuitive Forecast! What is surging through the cosmic atmosphere? How … Continue reading
And the days go by like a strand in the wind… in the web that is my own… I begin again. –Stevie Nicks
My head and hands hum with energy. I can feel the raw power of my inner self building, and pushing to the surface. Sometimes I stomp, twirl and sing as loud as I can to release this passion. Self-expression is the path to spiritual empowerment.
Every moment is a chance to begin again. Opportunities slip in and out of our lives. Sometimes we will grab them by the horns and other times we are completely blind-sided. Yet, there is always another moment to be free, to be brave, to be wild.
Have you ever felt the call of your own raw passion?
Or the intense energy of your own creative expression trying to break free?
Of course you have… we all experience this. This is our true self. The self that seeks to be heard, felt and given life.
When you sit at your desk, antsy for something bigger, and bolder you are feeling your spirit. When you walk down the street with a deep longing for something exciting and new you are feeling your spirit. And when you actually fall curious to your own longing you go into a deep communion with the Universe.
Creative expression is act of prayer.
Pray out loud. Pray with your words. Pray with your voice. Pray with your body. Pray with your colors. Pray with your actions.
I want you to know that you are always being born again to the moment.
Do you dare to be transformed into something bigger, bolder and free?
Today make ONE RADICAL Gesture OF SELF-EXPESSION!
What does that mean?
Radical gestures of self-expression are those unadulterated moments of doing something for the hell of it. Doing something because you want to. Not because someone else told you to. Radical gestures of self-expression are those moments where you dance, and sing like no one is watching. Put on a show for the world just to say you did.
Go out into the WORLD, baby, and do the damn thing!
Promise me you will do one thing that feels a little dangerous, a little wild, that takes you out of your BOX.
Let that fire, energy, and life surge through you. Get a taste of your DIVINITY and see what comes next.
I want to hear about it. Leave me a comment, or send me a message.
Want to make big changes in your life?
© Shaheen Miro 2015
Everyone has a collective of celestial helpers waiting to by their side. These are your spirit guides, and they are waiting patiently to help you. Sadly, some people never learn to consciously connect with their guides, but here is some information to introduce you to who they are and what they do!
What are Spirit Guides?
- A spirit guides is a discarnate entity that’s sole purpose is to aide you on your life path. You and your guide made a soul level contract before incarnation that they would watch over, guide and protect you, as well as disperse spiritual insights and synchronicities into your life.
- Your spirit guide has a unique understanding of you and the path that you have laid out for yourself. Often they work with you when you create your spiritual map. They have a vantage point from which they guide you because they are able to see your map clearly and they can view the “bigger” picture of our journey.
- Your spirit guide is your souls assistant working behind the scenes. Whether you are aware of them, they constantly watch over, protect and guide you.
Does everyone have a spirit guide?
- Absolutely everyone has a spirit guide. Some may argue that there are people who do not have guides, but as far as I have seen we all do. No matter what your religious background or beliefs are, even if you do not believe in God, you still have a guide.
- We have a primary guide, who has incarnated at least once. The reason being is so that they have empathy about our journey here on earth. Now if you do not believe in incarnation or that whole philosophy it doesn’t negate the idea of a spirit guide. We also have a secondary guide or guides that can walk into your lives at key points bringing us more specialized guidance. For example: If you are beginning to explore a new career path and you are very passionate about it, but not very confidant you may have a secondary guide who steps in and helps you in this area. They are specialty guides.
How can I recognize the presence of my spirit guide?
- Any time you are stressed or undergoing extreme changes in your life a spirit guide will be more dominant in your life. Their purpose is to help you with the difficult areas of your journey, so when times are tough remember that they are there.
- It is common for people to hear their name being called, when no one is around. Usually your guides are trying to get your attention.
- You may see flashing lights, often blue or white. Maybe even shadows or silhouettes out of the corner of your eye.
- Reoccurring dreams, especially of a stranger whom you feel comfortable with.
- A unique fascination with a name or geographical place, which is often connected to the name or ethnicity of your guide.
- Some sort of reoccurring symbol. Such as numbers, letters, motifs, etc.
- Physical sensations. Often the feeling of being touched on a shoulder or hand or someone standing near you to one side or the other.
How can I know my guides name and what they look like?
- Most people like to know the name of their guide first. There are many ways to get the name of your guide. Basically you can ask, “What is your name?” and then wait to see which name pops into your head first, or which names stands out to you (the next person you meet, a billboard, song on the radio or it may be written on a piece of paper). You can also use a baby name book and open a page at random and select a name by pointing with your eyes closed. Or the other way is to use a name that you feel drawn to.
- People often want to know how their guides look or what their sex is before they connect with them. My answer to this is 1) they may appear in whatever form they wish. As an animal, ball of light or a physical person. Your primary guide will typically take the form of a human. Meditation is key in finding out what they look like or you may have a dream or vision or you could ask a reader. 2) You can ask them to appear in a certain form because your guide will do whatever it takes to work with you in your comfort zone.
How can I easily speak to my guide?
- The simplest way to speak with your guide is by talking out loud to them. Your guide will find some way to communicate back with you. This could be through symbols, visions, dreams, songs, verbal communication, feelings, television programs or other people. They will find the best way to communicate with you if you just trust.
- Using an oracle deck is an easy and powerful way to communicate with them.
- Write letters to them or leave little messages posted around your home or office.
- Mediate. You can do this through a guided meditation or by simply being still for a few minutes a day.
- Creativity and art. They are drawn to creativity and they love to inspire us. Inspiration comes from the word spirit!
A few more things
- Angels and spirit guides are not the same. Typically your spirit guide is not a loved one who passed. These are three different types of entities.
- Your guides have far more ability to help you when you ASK for them to help!
- Spirit guides do not control any aspect of your life; they only offer you help and guidance. You have free will at all times. You may even ask for certain aspects of your life to be inaccessible to your guides if you like.
- They are not all knowing. They have more insight into our life because they are watching outside of it and they can connect with our subconscious mind which is far wiser and our map.
- Guides are never negative, harmful, pushy, controlling or frightening.
- They know when to turn their heads if you know what I mean, but they are never truly absent.
- They truly are your bestfriends. When you begin to connect with them, it should be more like a reunion, rather than a first encounter.
This information is only a small portion of what can be written about the subject. I’ve only pulled out the basics to get you started so that you can begin working with and calling on your guides. Once you’ve read this you can begin enriching your life by consciously connecting with them.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions that you may have about this subject. If there is anything that I can elaborate on or any confusion I may clear up, I would be more than happy to. And I would love to hear any stories you may have about working with your guides. What was your first encounter like? Do you remember the first time you consciously worked with your guide?
If you have questions, comments or stories, please comment below, or tweet @ShaheenMiro #TheGypsyTalks
@ShaheenMiro | #TheGypsyTalks
© Shaheen Miro 3/22/2011
There is magic in trying, but not knowing. Sometimes you have to close your eyes and go along for the ride. I have danced in the dark many times… and some how I have always came out unscathed. My scars are badges that mark the successes of my journey. You may not see the strength in your beauty as you go through life… because it’s not always easy to see the road you’ve traveled unless you learn to fly overhead.
It’s not worth trying to rationalize the dreams we have. I’m finished with reason and sensibility… it’s not what seems logical, it’s what feels wonderful. I am living my life for me, for all the things I love, for what makes me vital. If it feeds my spirit then it’s right. Regardless of how insane that may seem.
There should be no regret in heeding the call. It may be misunderstood, but then again that is in the eyes of onlookers… and you should never do it for them anyway. I’ve traveled the edge of dreamland and stood astounded by the glory and mystery. Those moments live in my heart, delicious seeds germinating in silence. The dream hasn’t ended because the dream has just begun.
Here I stand in the threshold of what was, what is, what will be… what has always been, and yet hasn’t had a chance to begin. And here I will jump of the ledge and the embrace of angel wings will lift me up beyond the pain. I will soar, you can soar, there is room enough for us all to fill the skies… there can never be too many stars shinning in the night.
Reach out your hand, close your eyes, and dive. Don’t play the game, just jump in and dance. You can’t change their actions, or reactions, you can only grind to your own rhythm. And remember… if you do it in love, if you do it in trust, if you do it because it feels right to your heart… then it will touch everyone around you in a positive way, either now or someday, and magic will bloom until it fills the room, the eyes and the spirits of everyone.
He said… dream gypsy boy… dream
© Shaheen Miro 2013
There is something calming about falling into the night, just letting go and allowing the hushed and gentle spirit of the Moon to speak to you. I find myself coming alive in the dark. I lay down to go to bed after a long, hard day and something in me is awakened by the subtle calm that permeates the air. I want to write, I want to sing, I want to tell my secrets to the angels.
I feel that I’ve crossed over into another world as the night comes on. Everything looks different, one thing transforms into another. We all become shape shifters in the dark. We unwind and let go; we shed the layers of the day. Like a weight has been lifted and we become light again. Its at night, in the dark that we can become the darkness unafraid.
There is nothing to fear in the dark because if you close your eyes everything becomes nothing and nothing is all the same. Its a powerful form of alchemy where you can experience what is unable to be seen in the light of day. Its not that everything in the night is taboo in the day, its just easier at night because there are no expectations. You have no guilt when you are falling into the darkness because thats whats expected; whether you are sleeping, dreaming or going wild.
I ask you to find what sets you free. In the still of the night find something that inspires you. My muse comes alive in the night. She takes my hand and ask me to dance with her. Thats when I write my deepest poems and draw out my most intimate dreams. The night time is powerful because its very intimate. The night time is like a silk velvet robe of the darkest ebony, slipping around your body gently touching you, keeping you safe. So let yourself unwind and just fall into it all, you become the darkness and let the darkness become you. Thats when I know you should whisper to your angels.
Be creative, be alive and most of all be free…
I love your gypsy souls….
© Shaheen Miro 5/19/2011
I find this collection to be brilliant. All the beautiful elements that were brought together here are just inspiring; the colors, the shapes and the fabrics. These dresses are part luxury, part myth and part space adventure into the future. They are masterfully executed and cohesive.
Chief Designer Riccardo Tisci is known for his intensity, drawing inspiration from things such as the Gothic and Space-age minimalism. His interest in Japanese robots and the passing of the Japanese dancer Kazuo Ohno, were the inspiration for this collection. With special attention on things such as appliqué and creating a sense of three-dimensionality.
To me the most intriguing part about this collection is the sense of spiritual mystery that is wrapped up in this ultra-modern/space age look. It is slightly scifi, but with more sophistication. I instantly think of the word “Avatar” when I see these dresses…. and I don’t mean tall, blue, alien like avatars. I am speaking of the Hindu term for enlightened beings.
Something about this speaks to me. I especially like the images that he chose for the garments. And the use of color is very intuitive. Dusty, muted tones, accented with a pop of color strategically placed. Not to mention the bizarre and evocative hats my Philip Treacy. This is just good stuff to me…
© Shaheen Miro 5/13/2011
I was moved today when I read this quote by JRR Tolken. There is something powerful in that line. “Not all those who wander are lost.” It gives me this settled feeling, knowing that though the road may be uncertain and at times I have no idea whats next… I’m not lost… Just a nomad. Lately I have been feeling a little anxious and sort of in the dark, but I gently remind myself that I must dance with it all.
The Queen of Wands fell out of the deck as i was shuffling the cards to ask about “What My True Purpose Is”. Her key word is “Inspiration” and I can hear her saying to me, “Child let go and be inspired. Walk your life in living color and let go of the fear and the doubt. Be inspired, be royal, be grand and be eccentric. Today is a journey separate from tomorrow… so take it all in now! No more waiting.”
I have to let go of the idea that something is coming, that the day will finally arrive when I have enough money or enough time or enough talent or enough experience or enough love… its not wort the wait any longer. I am enough, you are enough and we are enough. There is nothing in this world we can’t do or have. We are entitled to all the riches of the world and unless we know that and unless we live every moment feeling that… it will never come.
I have come to realize that destiny is like the wind, we can either let it blow through us, we can harnest it and use it, some of us just need to dance with it and at times you run and hide from it. I want to dance with it. I want the wind to blow with me, through me and all around me. I want it to lift me up and take me away. I am spreading my wings and flying, even if I know not where I am going… I know that I will never be lost.
Lets open our eyes and see life as a magnificent ball and each of us will dress in our finery and dance and sing. We will feast on the most delightful meals and we will partake in the most exciting events. We will live on the edge of the exotic and surreal. We may be kings and queens of nothing… but we are royal non the less. Lets wear velvet and gold. Lets stand out amongst the gray. Lets shine brighter than all the stars in the sky. lets chase away the night. Lets forget about fear and doubt and know that we hold in our hands the rarest and most precious gems of the Universe.
“I have danced for kings. I have danced down dirt roads. I have wandered too far from what some may call home. I have laughed and cried. I have watched the strange and exquisite die. But never have I been lost… because change is the angel in my life.” -SM
© Shaheen Miro 5/10/2011
The Star is one of the most brilliant cards in the Major Arcana of the tarot deck; It’s suck a powerful card and its one of my favorite. I know when this card shows up it’s a time of new energy and a time of new beginnings. Wishes are coming true and dreams are being fulfilled.
Looking at this card you often see a woman standing half in the water and half on the land, holding a cups pouring water on the ground and back into the ocean. She is often sky-clad and serene. She reminds us that we must walk the middle ground between worlds and it’s when we let down our guard, take of the layers and really step out into the unknown that we become filled up and whole.
When I see the star I instantly feel in touch with my spirit. She clears away the worn out and the heavy allowing only light to remain. I think that we are all trying to be in the light, the light of the stars and the moon. The spiritual light that has lived inside of us since the beginning shinning free… a forgotten lantern lit once again.
When you see the star you know that it is time to rest and just be at peace. There is nothing to be afraid of; there is nothing to bring you down. Even in the darkness you can find a soft and gentle glow. A guiding light will show you the way if you just look up and trust. The Star is asking you to surrender and trust.
I believe that The Star could easily be called the soul because she is the light that lives in all of us. She is the beautiful, pure and unchanged being that resides deep inside. When you look into the mirror, look past the years, the pain and the circumstance and see the gentle light, the windows to your soul, there lives the star.
Remember to always ask the guiding light of intuition to lead the way. Just close your eyes, shut out your fears and trust. The Star is about trusting the process, trusting your intuition and trusting Spirit. It’s through trusting the process that dreams come true!
“I was fearful of the darkness, I was fearful of the change. Then she took my hand and pulled me into the night. We danced among the velvet blankness of nothing. We danced through the storm; we danced back to the sea. We danced until the light cast everything else away.” –SM
© Shaheen Miro 5/10/2011