Prayer is touching the Divine with reverence…handing over your hopes, fears and dreams and then listening for a response. Most people pray daily, whether or not it’s a sacred solemn hour of prayer or quick “note to God” in the car… … Continue reading
Everyone has a collective of celestial helpers waiting to by their side. These are your spirit guides, and they are waiting patiently to help you. Sadly, some people never learn to consciously connect with their guides, but here is some information to introduce you to who they are and what they do!
What are Spirit Guides?
- A spirit guides is a discarnate entity that’s sole purpose is to aide you on your life path. You and your guide made a soul level contract before incarnation that they would watch over, guide and protect you, as well as disperse spiritual insights and synchronicities into your life.
- Your spirit guide has a unique understanding of you and the path that you have laid out for yourself. Often they work with you when you create your spiritual map. They have a vantage point from which they guide you because they are able to see your map clearly and they can view the “bigger” picture of our journey.
- Your spirit guide is your souls assistant working behind the scenes. Whether you are aware of them, they constantly watch over, protect and guide you.
Does everyone have a spirit guide?
- Absolutely everyone has a spirit guide. Some may argue that there are people who do not have guides, but as far as I have seen we all do. No matter what your religious background or beliefs are, even if you do not believe in God, you still have a guide.
- We have a primary guide, who has incarnated at least once. The reason being is so that they have empathy about our journey here on earth. Now if you do not believe in incarnation or that whole philosophy it doesn’t negate the idea of a spirit guide. We also have a secondary guide or guides that can walk into your lives at key points bringing us more specialized guidance. For example: If you are beginning to explore a new career path and you are very passionate about it, but not very confidant you may have a secondary guide who steps in and helps you in this area. They are specialty guides.
How can I recognize the presence of my spirit guide?
- Any time you are stressed or undergoing extreme changes in your life a spirit guide will be more dominant in your life. Their purpose is to help you with the difficult areas of your journey, so when times are tough remember that they are there.
- It is common for people to hear their name being called, when no one is around. Usually your guides are trying to get your attention.
- You may see flashing lights, often blue or white. Maybe even shadows or silhouettes out of the corner of your eye.
- Reoccurring dreams, especially of a stranger whom you feel comfortable with.
- A unique fascination with a name or geographical place, which is often connected to the name or ethnicity of your guide.
- Some sort of reoccurring symbol. Such as numbers, letters, motifs, etc.
- Physical sensations. Often the feeling of being touched on a shoulder or hand or someone standing near you to one side or the other.
How can I know my guides name and what they look like?
- Most people like to know the name of their guide first. There are many ways to get the name of your guide. Basically you can ask, “What is your name?” and then wait to see which name pops into your head first, or which names stands out to you (the next person you meet, a billboard, song on the radio or it may be written on a piece of paper). You can also use a baby name book and open a page at random and select a name by pointing with your eyes closed. Or the other way is to use a name that you feel drawn to.
- People often want to know how their guides look or what their sex is before they connect with them. My answer to this is 1) they may appear in whatever form they wish. As an animal, ball of light or a physical person. Your primary guide will typically take the form of a human. Meditation is key in finding out what they look like or you may have a dream or vision or you could ask a reader. 2) You can ask them to appear in a certain form because your guide will do whatever it takes to work with you in your comfort zone.
How can I easily speak to my guide?
- The simplest way to speak with your guide is by talking out loud to them. Your guide will find some way to communicate back with you. This could be through symbols, visions, dreams, songs, verbal communication, feelings, television programs or other people. They will find the best way to communicate with you if you just trust.
- Using an oracle deck is an easy and powerful way to communicate with them.
- Write letters to them or leave little messages posted around your home or office.
- Mediate. You can do this through a guided meditation or by simply being still for a few minutes a day.
- Creativity and art. They are drawn to creativity and they love to inspire us. Inspiration comes from the word spirit!
A few more things
- Angels and spirit guides are not the same. Typically your spirit guide is not a loved one who passed. These are three different types of entities.
- Your guides have far more ability to help you when you ASK for them to help!
- Spirit guides do not control any aspect of your life; they only offer you help and guidance. You have free will at all times. You may even ask for certain aspects of your life to be inaccessible to your guides if you like.
- They are not all knowing. They have more insight into our life because they are watching outside of it and they can connect with our subconscious mind which is far wiser and our map.
- Guides are never negative, harmful, pushy, controlling or frightening.
- They know when to turn their heads if you know what I mean, but they are never truly absent.
- They truly are your bestfriends. When you begin to connect with them, it should be more like a reunion, rather than a first encounter.
This information is only a small portion of what can be written about the subject. I’ve only pulled out the basics to get you started so that you can begin working with and calling on your guides. Once you’ve read this you can begin enriching your life by consciously connecting with them.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions that you may have about this subject. If there is anything that I can elaborate on or any confusion I may clear up, I would be more than happy to. And I would love to hear any stories you may have about working with your guides. What was your first encounter like? Do you remember the first time you consciously worked with your guide?
If you have questions, comments or stories, please comment below, or tweet @ShaheenMiro #TheGypsyTalks
@ShaheenMiro | #TheGypsyTalks
© Shaheen Miro 3/22/2011
Your spirit is a precious, burnings star that fell from heaven. As you fell down the tunnel to wonderland, a gauzy veil spun around your soul, covering the light of your divine nature, keeping it hidden from the eyes of the world. It is your mission on this journey to lift the veil so that your light and beauty can be seen.
Your spirit emanates light, like a strange jewel from which you draw your talents, abilities and purpose. As the veil grows thicker it becomes a darkness that numbs and silences your divinity, cutting you off from your potential. But the truth remains that you are a divine architect. You are a partner to the Universe, and it is in your true nature to express and create through love and compassion.
The key to divine expression is intention. Intention weaves and changes the fabric of everything in its path. Intention is the mother of manifestation; so she bears from her fertile womb every seed placed within. When you befriend intention then you can essentially birth what you desire, this is the art of manifestation.
Your thoughts, actions and ideas are the energy that feed the Universe, literally creating everything you see around you right now. It can be difficult to see beyond the dark, thick, sluggish veil covering your potential. It distorts whatever you are sending out. Because of these distortions your intentions are altered allowing the unfavorable to grow like thorny brambles in your life.
The Universe is fertile and rich with the nutrients necessary to grow whatever seeds/intentions you wish to plant. The Universe cannot discern what you plant here because her one and only purpose is to birth the seeds that you have sewn, and manifest the garden of your desires. Now you know that your garden is the accumulations of all the thoughts, ideas, fears and dreams that you have planted.
If you aren’t careful in tending and pruning your garden, pests begin growing, sneaky little things that creep into the calm fields of lavender and lilies. These thorny, little weeds represent of your lack of attention to what is going on around you. Not all things within your garden are in your control; some things just appear like negative relationships you just need to break free from. You cannot change everything, but you can changer your reaction. Isn’t a weed just a flower that someone doesn’t like?
The veil that you see life through is actually the ego, and the ego sees everything as limiting. Your garden, then, has limited beauty. It becomes infested with stickers and brambles that bite your fingertips when you eventually try to pull them. Though there are times when a little seed of light sprout among the weeds, but their life is quickly choked out by fear and insecurity. As the ego believes, there’s never enough. Not for me, not for you.
Our souls are sparkling, bright-eyed children and the veil makes the world dark and gray, which evokes insecurity and fear because “bad things live in the darkness”. Through embracing the powers of your divine nature you pull away this veil and are able to be in the present moment. One energy cannot vibrate amongst the other, easily. The ideals of the ego such as anger, depression, sadness, hatred, etc, sustain the limited belief of separation, which in turn breeds more fear.
It could be said that there are no mirrors in heaven, so we come to earth to see the true nature of our spirit. We come here to find our selves within our own light, being nudged by the people, places and experiences we have. The truth is that the veil is never fully lost as long as you are incarnated. It is the anchor of your soul.
In this amazing, incarnate experience, you have to live on the edge of two worlds, like faeries on the edge of dreamland. You have to walk the middle ground between the material and the spiritual; a balancing act between light and dark. If you tread the middle ground you learn to be in the present moment.
Through learning to be in balance with ego and spirit you can begin manifesting consciously. On your spiritual journey you are never seeking to lose your identity or shadow, only to embrace it, understand it, truly befriend it. It is the great yin and yang. This is the foundation of enlightenment.
Fear not the experiences you have in life, embrace them with open arms. Let your experiences open your mind and heart and help you to expand. If you want to change your life, you must change your thoughts. There is a micro world inside of you, and it reflects into the world around you. Remember your garden is yours alone… tend it, care for it, look after it and you will have a beautiful work of art.
Also know that we are all interconnected. You may wish to exclude others from your life, but again this is a balancing act. You have one plot on the face of a whole, so essentially your ground is the ground of another. The interaction between you and the people in your life is just as essential, if not more essential, than all the experiences you’ve had.
As you tend your garden, be mindful of the gardens around you. You don’t want to throw your dirty work into someone else’s masterpiece. We must help each other maintain this beauty. Hopefully a sense of comradery forms, creating peace, which shines out into the world. Maybe one day we will all cast of our veils and melt into one bright and vibrant sun.
© Shaheen Miro Original Work by Shaheen Miro. All Rights Reserved. No part of this work can be reproduced or copied without permission of the owner.
There is something calming about falling into the night, just letting go and allowing the hushed and gentle spirit of the Moon to speak to you. I find myself coming alive in the dark. I lay down to go to bed after a long, hard day and something in me is awakened by the subtle calm that permeates the air. I want to write, I want to sing, I want to tell my secrets to the angels.
I feel that I’ve crossed over into another world as the night comes on. Everything looks different, one thing transforms into another. We all become shape shifters in the dark. We unwind and let go; we shed the layers of the day. Like a weight has been lifted and we become light again. Its at night, in the dark that we can become the darkness unafraid.
There is nothing to fear in the dark because if you close your eyes everything becomes nothing and nothing is all the same. Its a powerful form of alchemy where you can experience what is unable to be seen in the light of day. Its not that everything in the night is taboo in the day, its just easier at night because there are no expectations. You have no guilt when you are falling into the darkness because thats whats expected; whether you are sleeping, dreaming or going wild.
I ask you to find what sets you free. In the still of the night find something that inspires you. My muse comes alive in the night. She takes my hand and ask me to dance with her. Thats when I write my deepest poems and draw out my most intimate dreams. The night time is powerful because its very intimate. The night time is like a silk velvet robe of the darkest ebony, slipping around your body gently touching you, keeping you safe. So let yourself unwind and just fall into it all, you become the darkness and let the darkness become you. Thats when I know you should whisper to your angels.
Be creative, be alive and most of all be free…
I love your gypsy souls….
© Shaheen Miro 5/19/2011
I was moved today when I read this quote by JRR Tolken. There is something powerful in that line. “Not all those who wander are lost.” It gives me this settled feeling, knowing that though the road may be uncertain and at times I have no idea whats next… I’m not lost… Just a nomad. Lately I have been feeling a little anxious and sort of in the dark, but I gently remind myself that I must dance with it all.
The Queen of Wands fell out of the deck as i was shuffling the cards to ask about “What My True Purpose Is”. Her key word is “Inspiration” and I can hear her saying to me, “Child let go and be inspired. Walk your life in living color and let go of the fear and the doubt. Be inspired, be royal, be grand and be eccentric. Today is a journey separate from tomorrow… so take it all in now! No more waiting.”
I have to let go of the idea that something is coming, that the day will finally arrive when I have enough money or enough time or enough talent or enough experience or enough love… its not wort the wait any longer. I am enough, you are enough and we are enough. There is nothing in this world we can’t do or have. We are entitled to all the riches of the world and unless we know that and unless we live every moment feeling that… it will never come.
I have come to realize that destiny is like the wind, we can either let it blow through us, we can harnest it and use it, some of us just need to dance with it and at times you run and hide from it. I want to dance with it. I want the wind to blow with me, through me and all around me. I want it to lift me up and take me away. I am spreading my wings and flying, even if I know not where I am going… I know that I will never be lost.
Lets open our eyes and see life as a magnificent ball and each of us will dress in our finery and dance and sing. We will feast on the most delightful meals and we will partake in the most exciting events. We will live on the edge of the exotic and surreal. We may be kings and queens of nothing… but we are royal non the less. Lets wear velvet and gold. Lets stand out amongst the gray. Lets shine brighter than all the stars in the sky. lets chase away the night. Lets forget about fear and doubt and know that we hold in our hands the rarest and most precious gems of the Universe.
“I have danced for kings. I have danced down dirt roads. I have wandered too far from what some may call home. I have laughed and cried. I have watched the strange and exquisite die. But never have I been lost… because change is the angel in my life.” -SM
© Shaheen Miro 5/10/2011
One of my biggest inspirations is Stevie Nicks, the legenardy, magical rock and roll goddess. She is the front woman for Fleetwood Mac. She has had an extrodinary career in Fleetwood Mac and as a solo artist. Renound for her raspy vocals and bewitching lyrics, and etherial dress. She has become a muse to many people from designers, to musicians, to writers.
As a writer I have been inspired by her use of words and poetry to tell deeply emotional and impacting stories. Every song she writes is a combination of truth and mystery. She has a way of taking people to another world and helping them to feel something deep and moving… whether it be love, the loss of it or something a little edgier. And her style of dress has always been part gypsy, part sorceress and all rock and roll.
As a designer I have found myself going back to her clothing again and again for ideas. The silhouettes, colors, texture and details are all phenomenal and her clothes are completely couture. She is just so timeless and graceful. She has been rocking out since the 70s and she is still extremely beautiful and mesmerizing.
If you are a Stevie fan there is some wonderful news, on May 3, 2011 her new studio album “In Your Dreams” will be released. So far it seems to be very promising. Wonderful tracks filled with her signature moody vocals and her wonderful lyrics. I have seen pictures and heard a few snippers of songs and I LOVE everything about it. This time around she is really taking people into her little world, which is nothing but pure magic.
Today her new Video “Secret Love” was released. It is the video to the albums first single which came out a few months ago. There was talk of the video coming out sooner, but it wasn’t released until today. No worries though… the video is phenomenal. So many wonderful things happening in it. A great story can be seen in the video, it seems to be a nostalgic reflection of her wonderful gypsy, carnival ride of a life. Definitely filled with emotion and feeling.
Below is the video for the new single “Secret Love” and also a promo video for her album “In Your Dreams” …hope you love it!
My black cat is undoubtably my best friend. Him and I have a wonderful connection.I’m pretty certain that him and I are soul mates.
I am constantly learning something new from him. He is the wildest, cutest and bravest little thing you have ever met in your life. There is no questioning his tenacity and independence. And let me tell you… do not make him mad because he will chase you down and give you a peace of his mind.
His mystery never ceases to amaze me. He loves with extreme passion and lives with the ultimate grace. When I come home every day he follows me through the house chatting with me about, I assume, whatever his day consisted of and then he does a flop and a roll and invites me to rub on his fuzzy little belly. And when I’m not feeling well he instantly knows and he snuggles up next to me and works his hardest to ease my pain.
Watching him has taught me some wonderful things. Like a witch and her familiar we seem to have an intuitive connection that is unbreakable. He always enchants people and makes new friends. He is boisterous, friendly and a little bit of a goofball. Ask anyone who has sat down to get a reading… he loves to come up and give his spin on whatever the cards might say!
So I have decided I would start a series of post sharing with you some of the the things that Baby Ali has shared with me. These will be titled “Black Cat Wisdoms”. I hope you find them insightful and humorous. Keep checking back to see what mylittle b
lack cat might have to tell you!
The day has been very busy and draining. I found myself driving around relentlessly looking for a new car with my best friend and every lot we passed seemed to take us further into used car hell. I couldn’t look at another one because they all reeked of worn out energies and neglect.
Shortly after I began to finish up some sewing, which was part nightmare, part dream come true. The process of taking one of your beautiful designs and bringing it to life can often times suck the passion right out of the project. You work on a design and then you finally take a look at it and think, “God I am so tired of looking at you.” But really you know that it’s the lack of sleep and the extreme exhaustion talking… so I pushed on telling myself one more stitch and it will all be over.
Dinner was wonderful. I needed something to recharge me and to put my evening in wind down mode. Getting home and seeing my little black cat allowed me to be at ease and I decided it would be a wonderful time to pick a tarot card for the month.
Shuffling the Zerner Farber Tarot deck I found myself being pulled in by all the wonderful colors. This deck has been with me for many years and I love how rich it is in symbolism. I pulled out only the major Arcana and asked the cards, which one wanted to speak to me… I pulled The Sun card.
A beautiful card to have, especially when you are feeling exhausted. The Sun speaks of good fortune and energy entering into your life, a resurgence of good health and positive thinking. This card to me says that my body and immune system are getting stronger and that the icky energies of the winter are beginning to completely wash away.
As a creative person this card is usually a signal that a new project or artistic endeavor is about to ensue. I find it fascinating that the Sun card appears as if it is warming and nurturing precious seeds of inspiration allowing them to grow and bloom into consciousness. So I stand here ready and willing to accept this wonderful gift and to carry on with being creative.
There is a message for everyone in this card right now. Because the sun is the source of all life here on planet Earth it symbolizes a sense of vitality, strength and even community. This card is a reminder that the light only shines on those who willing invite it.
As a community this planet has really done very little to sustain a sense of love, acceptance, support and brotherhood. Its time to realize that in order to heal the planet and to heal our selves we have to start with loving one another. Love everyone you see and know that they love you too… at least the best way they know how.
The Sun reminds us that there is beauty everywhere. The spring is here and everything is coming back to life. As we watch the flowers bloom we should allow the special parts of us to bloom too. Give your concerns to the light and allow your unique talents to shine.
Take a few minutes to visualize a beautiful bright light, like that of a warm summers sun shinning down on you. Let it filly your every cell, pore, bone, muscle and fiber. Let the light fill your mind and spirit. As the light floods through you, it cast out all the negative and unhealthy energies. See yourself shinning brightly like colored glass in a window. Ask yourself now, “What can I invite into my life to make it a little brighter?”
© Shaheen Miro 4/18/2011