One of my favorite techniques!
Spiritually cleansing your home is a practical way to create positive change in your life. As you clear away unnecessary stray energy from your home, you release unintentional debris from your life. Because your home is a reflection of your inner world, and is directly connected to your spirit… it’s best to keep it fresh and vibrant.
Spiritual cleansing floor powders are much like store bought floor powders that you sprinkle on carpets, and then sweep up. You can make your own natural floor powders with an added magical kick! This is a simple technique that you can uses for your daily cleaning. It’s easy and adds an extra layer of freshness!
You will need to gather together two basic ingredients: Baking Soda, and Crushed Sea Salt. This will be the base of our powder. Both work wonders for clearing away negative and stagnant energy. We will add some botanicals to the base.
The following botanicals are wonderful for clearing away negative energy, and warding off unwanted vibrations:
Basil: Attracts positive energy, and benevolent spiritual influences. Freshens the Aura, and gives it a magnetic quality. Will clear away lower vibrating energies and entities.
Hyssop: One of the Holy plants for spiritual cleansing. It strips away negative energy and replaces it with good vibrations. It will bring environments into equilibrium, especially after highly charged emotional conflicts.
Mint: Infuses the aura with a subtle, happy vibration. Creates an atmosphere of peace, love and understanding. Wonderful to freshen the air, and release mental clutter. Not as aggressive as some botanicals.
Parsley: This is an herb of prosperity and abundance. This will wash away hardship and stagnation with money and business. Very good herb to use if you are feeling uninspired in your space and ready for a change. Works well when combined with other botanicals, or to “freshen” things up between major cleansings.
Rose: Ooh my favorite botanical to use for spiritual cleansing. It is light, gentle, and very very effective. It keeps the energy field strong, and vibrating at a high frequency. This keeps negative at bay because it essentially cannot be in the space.
Rosemary: Works wonders because of its astringent qualities. Great for clearing a space after major work has been done, or a crowed has left. This is another herb that works well to keep things fresh in between major cleansings. It can be combined with Mint, and Sage with good results. Also, this is a nice cleansing agent when preparing a space for spiritual contact.
Rue: Another one of the Holy botanicals. This is, along with Hyssop, one of the most powerful cleansing botanicals. Used to clear away negativity lingering from spiritual work, unwanted visitors and entities, and any other strange vibrations that you cannot shake. Works well to help bring things back into harmony. Sometimes this will clear away things you didn’t expect to lose!!
Sage: One of the most common, and effective spiritual cleansing botanicals. Regarded as sacred among Native Americans, and other shamanic cultures. It is a beautiful herb that enlightens the mind and spirit, and brings things into unison. It is has a way of moving things along without a fight!
Vervain: A wonderful herb that enhances the affects of other herbs. It also clears away psychic attacks and things pertaining to dreams.
Now, Gather together your base ingredients of Crushed Sea Salt, and Baking Soda. Then choose one or more of the botanicals listed above. All will be helpful; one may jump out at you. Trust your intuition.
In a large bowl mix together 1 cup of crushed sea salt, and 1 cup of Baking Soda. Add 1/2 – 1 cup of your chosen botanical to the mixture. If you decide to use more than one botanical do a ½ of each. Stir the mixture together well using a wooden spoon. Be sure to stir the mixture in a clockwise motion. I like to do this 7, 9, or 13 times.
I like to say a prayer over the mixture, or visualize the herbs and botanicals working together and forming a glowing light over the mixture. Use your creative visualization infuse divine light into the powder. Any power, or words of affirmation are suitable.
If you are unable to find powdered botanicals, you can also use essential oils. Either will be suitable. You can even use both! Essential oils will add a lot of fragrance to the mixture!
When you are finished carry the mixture from room to room, and sprinkle a handful around the floor. Especially let it settle in any messy areas where dust and dirt have collected (those are fertile breeding ground for negative energy!).
You can let the mixture sit on the carpet for 10-15 minutes. Then go through each room, sweeping, or vacuuming up the powder. As you clear it away, visualize all the negative and stagnant energy that has collected in your space being dissolved and swept away. Again, you can say a prayer, or affirmation of blessing.
Discard the dirt and powder in the trash, and remove the bag from your home immediately.
If you want to smudge with sage afterward you can. This will enhance the powders benefits. You can also light blessed candles to keep the energy flowing and fresh.
You should feel so fresh and so clean!!
Please, experiment with different herbs and botanicals. You may find one that really stands out to you over the others. Do this as often as you like. Once a week would be ideal.
© Shaheen Miro 2014
Do you want to perform spiritual cleansing on yourself, or your home? Needing to shift some negative energy out of your life?
We all could! On the daily.
Here are 22 Tips and Tricks for spiritual cleansing and protection!
- Introduction to Spiritual Cleansing and Protection. Basic techniques from sage smudging to creating a bubble of protective light! This is the perfect stating place!
- Beginner’s methods for spiritual cleansing. If your aura is feeling heavy or your space is feeling murky try some sage or sweet grass. Do it up big.
- Understanding energetic cords and attachments. Learn to use energy to your advantage by moving and releasing negative attachments.
- Energetic Investments! Did you know you’re telling an energetic story? Did you know it dictates all the things happening in your life? Rearrange this story and make magic happen.
- Know your space! What does your home say about you? How can it change your life?
- Put up your psychic shield! You better zip it tight so no energetic parasites get in there. This has got to be one of the easiest things you can do, and one of the best.
- Got white light? Surround yourself with awesome Universal energy and ask for protection from your guides.
- Spiritual cleansing bath. This packs some oomph for clearing out heavy energies! And, it’s soooo EASY!
- Spiritual cleansing shower. Ahh, don’t have a bath tub, or you hate taking a soak… do it in the shower.
- Use vinegar. This is an ancient technique for cleansing negative energy that I go back to again and again.
- Rose water mist. I cannot rave enough about rose water. It is so effective and smells divine.
- Repair your aura with tasty teas. Teatime just got better.
- Limpia or spiritual cleansing with an egg. This is ancient, awesome, and usually yields dramatic results.
- The Psychic Vacuum! Use amethyst to absorb negative energy! This technique rocks!
- Ringing Bells. Bells carry sound vibrations that clear away negative energy. Same with drums.
- Frankincense fumigation. One of the three gifts of the Magi, this resin shifts negative energy and connects you to Spirit.
- Exorcism Powders. Many different herbs and powers can be used to release negative energy. Wonderful folk techniques.
- Rosemary sprigs. Used as a charm or smudge to lift the air for businesses and homes.
- Sweeping away negativity. Using the broom has long been a charm for sweeping away corrosive energies. A very practical technique.
- Use fire for protection. It purifies and protects.
- Jack-o-lanterns! Not just for decoration, they create a protective ward to keep nasty energies at bay.
- Sacred Circles. Circles are unparallel barriers for psychic protection.
There are many more techniques here… stay awhile, look around, find what works!
This is a technique that I happened across years ago. I’m not really sure anymore where the recipe originated, but it’s a powerful tool for spiritual cleansing. This is a asperging method, meaning that it uses water, or in this case steam, to cleanse and bless an area.
This method calls upon one of the tried and true methods of spiritual cleansing: vinegar. Vinegar has been regarded as an agent of protection and exorcism for years. It’s been said to banish misfortune, negativity, illness and evil (and it does a bang up job on germs too).
To Perform This Ritual:
Boil rice vinegar in a shallow pan. Once it steams you can carefully carry it from room to room, letting the steam waft around (especially in dark corners, and cluttered spaces). The steam will cleanse the vibrations and absorb what doesn’t feel right.
It’s also beneficial to burn new white candles in a room after you’ve cleansed it with this method. It seals in the positive energy and attracts the favor of benevolent forces.
You can also add rice vinegar to a warm bath. The steaming from the bath will have the same effect on your aura. Try soaking for at least 15 minutes. You can add a prayer to the ritual if you like.
How are you feeling energetically? Have you been in a funk, and don’t know why? Do you have any icky feelings that you can’t shake? Is your home feeling off, or looking cluttered?
What experiences have you had with spiritual cleansing and protection?
Share your questions, comments, and stories!
© Shaheen Miro 2013
For hundreds of years people of used powdered herbs to ward off negativity and exercise evil from their lives. The simple act of sprinkling a few cloves of garlic around a room is an effective form of spiritual protection. Or creating a circle of cloves to seal the space.
To eliminate negativity, unsettling emotions and stray astral entities, try this Exorcism Powder:
Grind and mix together… Dried basil leaves with a sprig of rosemary, purple yarrow flowers, rue and myrrh. You can add to the mix a dash of salt if you like.
Sprinkle the power around the room being exercised. You can also place the powder in red flannel bags and tuck into pillows, under cushions or hang in closets. Add to a carrier oil of jojoba and mark symbols of protection over doorways. OR encircle a fresh white candle with the powder and light in a room that needs a lift.
© Shaheen Miro 2013