Changing your life begins with changing the energetic story you are projecting into the world. Action must proceed intention. And intention is the seed of creation. When we look at our lives like puppets on the strings of fate we … Continue reading
Everyone has a collective of celestial helpers waiting to by their side. These are your spirit guides, and they are waiting patiently to help you. Sadly, some people never learn to consciously connect with their guides, but here is some information to introduce you to who they are and what they do!
What are Spirit Guides?
- A spirit guides is a discarnate entity that’s sole purpose is to aide you on your life path. You and your guide made a soul level contract before incarnation that they would watch over, guide and protect you, as well as disperse spiritual insights and synchronicities into your life.
- Your spirit guide has a unique understanding of you and the path that you have laid out for yourself. Often they work with you when you create your spiritual map. They have a vantage point from which they guide you because they are able to see your map clearly and they can view the “bigger” picture of our journey.
- Your spirit guide is your souls assistant working behind the scenes. Whether you are aware of them, they constantly watch over, protect and guide you.
Does everyone have a spirit guide?
- Absolutely everyone has a spirit guide. Some may argue that there are people who do not have guides, but as far as I have seen we all do. No matter what your religious background or beliefs are, even if you do not believe in God, you still have a guide.
- We have a primary guide, who has incarnated at least once. The reason being is so that they have empathy about our journey here on earth. Now if you do not believe in incarnation or that whole philosophy it doesn’t negate the idea of a spirit guide. We also have a secondary guide or guides that can walk into your lives at key points bringing us more specialized guidance. For example: If you are beginning to explore a new career path and you are very passionate about it, but not very confidant you may have a secondary guide who steps in and helps you in this area. They are specialty guides.
How can I recognize the presence of my spirit guide?
- Any time you are stressed or undergoing extreme changes in your life a spirit guide will be more dominant in your life. Their purpose is to help you with the difficult areas of your journey, so when times are tough remember that they are there.
- It is common for people to hear their name being called, when no one is around. Usually your guides are trying to get your attention.
- You may see flashing lights, often blue or white. Maybe even shadows or silhouettes out of the corner of your eye.
- Reoccurring dreams, especially of a stranger whom you feel comfortable with.
- A unique fascination with a name or geographical place, which is often connected to the name or ethnicity of your guide.
- Some sort of reoccurring symbol. Such as numbers, letters, motifs, etc.
- Physical sensations. Often the feeling of being touched on a shoulder or hand or someone standing near you to one side or the other.
How can I know my guides name and what they look like?
- Most people like to know the name of their guide first. There are many ways to get the name of your guide. Basically you can ask, “What is your name?” and then wait to see which name pops into your head first, or which names stands out to you (the next person you meet, a billboard, song on the radio or it may be written on a piece of paper). You can also use a baby name book and open a page at random and select a name by pointing with your eyes closed. Or the other way is to use a name that you feel drawn to.
- People often want to know how their guides look or what their sex is before they connect with them. My answer to this is 1) they may appear in whatever form they wish. As an animal, ball of light or a physical person. Your primary guide will typically take the form of a human. Meditation is key in finding out what they look like or you may have a dream or vision or you could ask a reader. 2) You can ask them to appear in a certain form because your guide will do whatever it takes to work with you in your comfort zone.
How can I easily speak to my guide?
- The simplest way to speak with your guide is by talking out loud to them. Your guide will find some way to communicate back with you. This could be through symbols, visions, dreams, songs, verbal communication, feelings, television programs or other people. They will find the best way to communicate with you if you just trust.
- Using an oracle deck is an easy and powerful way to communicate with them.
- Write letters to them or leave little messages posted around your home or office.
- Mediate. You can do this through a guided meditation or by simply being still for a few minutes a day.
- Creativity and art. They are drawn to creativity and they love to inspire us. Inspiration comes from the word spirit!
A few more things
- Angels and spirit guides are not the same. Typically your spirit guide is not a loved one who passed. These are three different types of entities.
- Your guides have far more ability to help you when you ASK for them to help!
- Spirit guides do not control any aspect of your life; they only offer you help and guidance. You have free will at all times. You may even ask for certain aspects of your life to be inaccessible to your guides if you like.
- They are not all knowing. They have more insight into our life because they are watching outside of it and they can connect with our subconscious mind which is far wiser and our map.
- Guides are never negative, harmful, pushy, controlling or frightening.
- They know when to turn their heads if you know what I mean, but they are never truly absent.
- They truly are your bestfriends. When you begin to connect with them, it should be more like a reunion, rather than a first encounter.
This information is only a small portion of what can be written about the subject. I’ve only pulled out the basics to get you started so that you can begin working with and calling on your guides. Once you’ve read this you can begin enriching your life by consciously connecting with them.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions that you may have about this subject. If there is anything that I can elaborate on or any confusion I may clear up, I would be more than happy to. And I would love to hear any stories you may have about working with your guides. What was your first encounter like? Do you remember the first time you consciously worked with your guide?
If you have questions, comments or stories, please comment below, or tweet @ShaheenMiro #TheGypsyTalks
@ShaheenMiro | #TheGypsyTalks
© Shaheen Miro 3/22/2011
There is something calming about falling into the night, just letting go and allowing the hushed and gentle spirit of the Moon to speak to you. I find myself coming alive in the dark. I lay down to go to bed after a long, hard day and something in me is awakened by the subtle calm that permeates the air. I want to write, I want to sing, I want to tell my secrets to the angels.
I feel that I’ve crossed over into another world as the night comes on. Everything looks different, one thing transforms into another. We all become shape shifters in the dark. We unwind and let go; we shed the layers of the day. Like a weight has been lifted and we become light again. Its at night, in the dark that we can become the darkness unafraid.
There is nothing to fear in the dark because if you close your eyes everything becomes nothing and nothing is all the same. Its a powerful form of alchemy where you can experience what is unable to be seen in the light of day. Its not that everything in the night is taboo in the day, its just easier at night because there are no expectations. You have no guilt when you are falling into the darkness because thats whats expected; whether you are sleeping, dreaming or going wild.
I ask you to find what sets you free. In the still of the night find something that inspires you. My muse comes alive in the night. She takes my hand and ask me to dance with her. Thats when I write my deepest poems and draw out my most intimate dreams. The night time is powerful because its very intimate. The night time is like a silk velvet robe of the darkest ebony, slipping around your body gently touching you, keeping you safe. So let yourself unwind and just fall into it all, you become the darkness and let the darkness become you. Thats when I know you should whisper to your angels.
Be creative, be alive and most of all be free…
I love your gypsy souls….
© Shaheen Miro 5/19/2011
I was moved today when I read this quote by JRR Tolken. There is something powerful in that line. “Not all those who wander are lost.” It gives me this settled feeling, knowing that though the road may be uncertain and at times I have no idea whats next… I’m not lost… Just a nomad. Lately I have been feeling a little anxious and sort of in the dark, but I gently remind myself that I must dance with it all.
The Queen of Wands fell out of the deck as i was shuffling the cards to ask about “What My True Purpose Is”. Her key word is “Inspiration” and I can hear her saying to me, “Child let go and be inspired. Walk your life in living color and let go of the fear and the doubt. Be inspired, be royal, be grand and be eccentric. Today is a journey separate from tomorrow… so take it all in now! No more waiting.”
I have to let go of the idea that something is coming, that the day will finally arrive when I have enough money or enough time or enough talent or enough experience or enough love… its not wort the wait any longer. I am enough, you are enough and we are enough. There is nothing in this world we can’t do or have. We are entitled to all the riches of the world and unless we know that and unless we live every moment feeling that… it will never come.
I have come to realize that destiny is like the wind, we can either let it blow through us, we can harnest it and use it, some of us just need to dance with it and at times you run and hide from it. I want to dance with it. I want the wind to blow with me, through me and all around me. I want it to lift me up and take me away. I am spreading my wings and flying, even if I know not where I am going… I know that I will never be lost.
Lets open our eyes and see life as a magnificent ball and each of us will dress in our finery and dance and sing. We will feast on the most delightful meals and we will partake in the most exciting events. We will live on the edge of the exotic and surreal. We may be kings and queens of nothing… but we are royal non the less. Lets wear velvet and gold. Lets stand out amongst the gray. Lets shine brighter than all the stars in the sky. lets chase away the night. Lets forget about fear and doubt and know that we hold in our hands the rarest and most precious gems of the Universe.
“I have danced for kings. I have danced down dirt roads. I have wandered too far from what some may call home. I have laughed and cried. I have watched the strange and exquisite die. But never have I been lost… because change is the angel in my life.” -SM
© Shaheen Miro 5/10/2011
The Star is one of the most brilliant cards in the Major Arcana of the tarot deck; It’s suck a powerful card and its one of my favorite. I know when this card shows up it’s a time of new energy and a time of new beginnings. Wishes are coming true and dreams are being fulfilled.
Looking at this card you often see a woman standing half in the water and half on the land, holding a cups pouring water on the ground and back into the ocean. She is often sky-clad and serene. She reminds us that we must walk the middle ground between worlds and it’s when we let down our guard, take of the layers and really step out into the unknown that we become filled up and whole.
When I see the star I instantly feel in touch with my spirit. She clears away the worn out and the heavy allowing only light to remain. I think that we are all trying to be in the light, the light of the stars and the moon. The spiritual light that has lived inside of us since the beginning shinning free… a forgotten lantern lit once again.
When you see the star you know that it is time to rest and just be at peace. There is nothing to be afraid of; there is nothing to bring you down. Even in the darkness you can find a soft and gentle glow. A guiding light will show you the way if you just look up and trust. The Star is asking you to surrender and trust.
I believe that The Star could easily be called the soul because she is the light that lives in all of us. She is the beautiful, pure and unchanged being that resides deep inside. When you look into the mirror, look past the years, the pain and the circumstance and see the gentle light, the windows to your soul, there lives the star.
Remember to always ask the guiding light of intuition to lead the way. Just close your eyes, shut out your fears and trust. The Star is about trusting the process, trusting your intuition and trusting Spirit. It’s through trusting the process that dreams come true!
“I was fearful of the darkness, I was fearful of the change. Then she took my hand and pulled me into the night. We danced among the velvet blankness of nothing. We danced through the storm; we danced back to the sea. We danced until the light cast everything else away.” –SM
© Shaheen Miro 5/10/2011
There has been a light so desperate to shine. Something strange and mystical has brought it out and now the lights wont go down. In the midst of something tragic we must hold onto our souls. I keep reminding myself that nothing last forever and to just enjoy the road.
The poet in my heart cannot wait to see the plane. I am so enthralled to be leaving for London soon. Something there is going to change my life and enrich my soul. It may be a place, a stranger I meet or something I do. I have no idea what it’s going to be
… but I know it will be pure magic. My mom always taught me to trust my spirit regardless of how crazy it may seem. So here I go getting in touch with my inner gypsy.
There are a few loose ends to tie up. A few details to square away, but I know it will all work out. Like all other things in my life, I’ve basically said to the universe, “Hey if you want me to go… make it happen! I’m ready.” And I know that’s exactly how it will go. Nothing really has to be that hard, unless we let it.
Stevie Nicks new song “Italian Summer” really has me excited about London. It’s an epic ballad, about a summer love and all the changes that it inspired. I feel that London will be strangely similar. Maybe not a love affair with a person… but a love affair with my soul. That’s really all I care about now.
All I want in life is to be happy, to be free and to give my art to the world. My whole life I have felt that I needed to get away to recover something precious… maybe lost or just hidden. I know that I’ve been on the road to finding it for years now; maybe London will be the destination to this journey… or just another piece to the bigger picture. Who knows, I’m just ready to fly.
So here I am preparing to go. Trying to just live life. And everyday I remind myself that no matter what I must remain connected to my soul. In rain and shine… here or there…. It doesn’t matter as long as I know who I am in this story.
One day at a time I write a line to this epic story. Each character peculiar and exquisite. I have begun to find an appreciation for even the antagonist in life because they are the ones that remind us how powerful dreams and love can be. I would know nothing of myself if it weren’t for the challenges that have been thrown at me. I wouldn’t change anything because I love my story… so far.
Lets continue to be storytellers in this epic drama. I know that I am still finding my lines, sometimes I fumble over them and sometimes they just don’t feel right. But this is who I am. So once again I’ll step out on the stage and sing my song…
…don’t be afraid to follow along
© Shaheen Miro 5/6/2011
My black cat is undoubtably my best friend. Him and I have a wonderful connection.I’m pretty certain that him and I are soul mates.
I am constantly learning something new from him. He is the wildest, cutest and bravest little thing you have ever met in your life. There is no questioning his tenacity and independence. And let me tell you… do not make him mad because he will chase you down and give you a peace of his mind.
His mystery never ceases to amaze me. He loves with extreme passion and lives with the ultimate grace. When I come home every day he follows me through the house chatting with me about, I assume, whatever his day consisted of and then he does a flop and a roll and invites me to rub on his fuzzy little belly. And when I’m not feeling well he instantly knows and he snuggles up next to me and works his hardest to ease my pain.
Watching him has taught me some wonderful things. Like a witch and her familiar we seem to have an intuitive connection that is unbreakable. He always enchants people and makes new friends. He is boisterous, friendly and a little bit of a goofball. Ask anyone who has sat down to get a reading… he loves to come up and give his spin on whatever the cards might say!
So I have decided I would start a series of post sharing with you some of the the things that Baby Ali has shared with me. These will be titled “Black Cat Wisdoms”. I hope you find them insightful and humorous. Keep checking back to see what mylittle b
lack cat might have to tell you!
The day has been very busy and draining. I found myself driving around relentlessly looking for a new car with my best friend and every lot we passed seemed to take us further into used car hell. I couldn’t look at another one because they all reeked of worn out energies and neglect.
Shortly after I began to finish up some sewing, which was part nightmare, part dream come true. The process of taking one of your beautiful designs and bringing it to life can often times suck the passion right out of the project. You work on a design and then you finally take a look at it and think, “God I am so tired of looking at you.” But really you know that it’s the lack of sleep and the extreme exhaustion talking… so I pushed on telling myself one more stitch and it will all be over.
Dinner was wonderful. I needed something to recharge me and to put my evening in wind down mode. Getting home and seeing my little black cat allowed me to be at ease and I decided it would be a wonderful time to pick a tarot card for the month.
Shuffling the Zerner Farber Tarot deck I found myself being pulled in by all the wonderful colors. This deck has been with me for many years and I love how rich it is in symbolism. I pulled out only the major Arcana and asked the cards, which one wanted to speak to me… I pulled The Sun card.
A beautiful card to have, especially when you are feeling exhausted. The Sun speaks of good fortune and energy entering into your life, a resurgence of good health and positive thinking. This card to me says that my body and immune system are getting stronger and that the icky energies of the winter are beginning to completely wash away.
As a creative person this card is usually a signal that a new project or artistic endeavor is about to ensue. I find it fascinating that the Sun card appears as if it is warming and nurturing precious seeds of inspiration allowing them to grow and bloom into consciousness. So I stand here ready and willing to accept this wonderful gift and to carry on with being creative.
There is a message for everyone in this card right now. Because the sun is the source of all life here on planet Earth it symbolizes a sense of vitality, strength and even community. This card is a reminder that the light only shines on those who willing invite it.
As a community this planet has really done very little to sustain a sense of love, acceptance, support and brotherhood. Its time to realize that in order to heal the planet and to heal our selves we have to start with loving one another. Love everyone you see and know that they love you too… at least the best way they know how.
The Sun reminds us that there is beauty everywhere. The spring is here and everything is coming back to life. As we watch the flowers bloom we should allow the special parts of us to bloom too. Give your concerns to the light and allow your unique talents to shine.
Take a few minutes to visualize a beautiful bright light, like that of a warm summers sun shinning down on you. Let it filly your every cell, pore, bone, muscle and fiber. Let the light fill your mind and spirit. As the light floods through you, it cast out all the negative and unhealthy energies. See yourself shinning brightly like colored glass in a window. Ask yourself now, “What can I invite into my life to make it a little brighter?”
© Shaheen Miro 4/18/2011
I woke up not having much sleep. It’s hard sometimes at night to actually fall asleep even if my body and mind are tired because so many things start going through my head. I’m one of those people who constantly thinks about everything and when its time for bed… that’s when my mind decided to work the hardest.
Today I pulled a few cards for insight into the day and the energy around me and what I turned over was very interesting. First card that I had was the Ace of Hearts; those aces are relentless in following me these days. Following that card the 9 of Clubs and then the King of Spades.
The ace of hearts is a powerful card because it speaks of change and new beginnings. Aces are always cards that remind us of the powerful energy of whichever suit it resides in. This is a card that speaks to me about connections with people, relationships are changing and facets of my life with others will begin to die away. This card brings with it a storm of emotions that beg me to take a crucial look at my life and to see what or whom is really necessary for me to be happy.
The 9 of spades represent challenges and the search of truth. It’s the card of the seeker or someone who should start to seek a little more. I can see this card as a sign that I am standing at the edge of something, the door to a brilliant castle… wonders and possibilities waiting, if only I would knock. The 9 of spades highlights my apprehension to change and the things that lie in front of me. Though I am constantly enthusiastic about bringing new energy into my life, I tend to be a little resistant to it at fist.
I am very drawn to this card; very fascinated by the profound truth it holds. I keep hearing the words resistance and denial as I look at it. The closer I look, the deeper I feel, the more I realize that this card isn’t so much about inviting new energy into my life… its more about saying goodbye to the old and worn out.
The third card in this reading was the King of Spades. A fierce energy that has made it his purpose to abolish opposing forces. The King of spades stands as a guardian silently watching me, with a demeanor that chills to the bone and bites like fire. I know that he has come into my life to protect and cast away the things that have worked to block me and weigh me down.
It is interesting to me because the King of Spades is a very forceful energy at times, yet his focus makes him seem almost gentle. His force isn’t the type of egocentric and dominating energy that makes you feel small and worthless… it’s a mighty energy that makes you feel as if you are in the arms of a great protector whom will defend you regardless of fame or glory.
After my restless night last night, I realize that I am in the process of a great and awesome shift of thinking. I am learning to be in synch with my intuitive self and the Universe. I think I am restless because I know that deep inside I need to shake clean my spirit and allow my truest self to emerge. No more pretenses, no more holding back, only pure, raw and uninhibited living!
© Shaheen Miro 4/18/2011