Empaths are highly attuned, sensitive individuals who have a natural connection to the subtle worlds. These are the subtle worlds of thought, emotion, spirit and energy. These people tend to be artistic, intuitive and right-brained individuals who process the world around them through “feeling”.
The reality of the empath can be confusing and painful because they tend to take the weight of the world on their shoulders. On a vibratory level, empathic people are highly attuned, meaning that they can tap into things that others may not. Usually they are more introverted, and need reprieve form the world around them.
Stillness, rest, and retreat are the necessity of the empath, yet empathic people seldom create the space for this in their lives. Usually this is the result of not knowing that you are experiencing life through empathic awareness. But now you have validation that you are not alone, nor are you “too sensitive”. Actually you have been given a fine-tuned gift, a type of navigation system to guide you through the world, and down the path to your highest good!
5 Tips for the Thriving Empath
- Stay grounded in your daily life.
- Take time for rest, regeneration and stillness.
- Eat foods that ground you such as root vegetables, nuts, and stone fruits.
- Set an intention for yourself each day that expresses your highest good.
- Say no to things that deplete your energy, always asking yourself: Is this feeding my spirit?
Learn more about being, and caring for yourself as an empath by reading my article:
© Shaheen Miro 2015