The Full Moon travels into the sign Sagittarius on May 21, 2016. In Sagittarius the Moon awakens an inner stirring, and sense of adventure. You find yourself ready for action, especially in asserting independence and expressing your inner visions. Interestingly, … Continue reading
The rain has been falling for days as a reminder to me and to the world that it is time to wash away the hurt and the pain… its time to wash away the shell that we have built around us to make us numb to our feelings. It’s okay sometimes to be stormy and to totally lose composure. Sometimes you have to dance with the fire in order heal the burn.
I have watched so many people push their feelings and emotions away. Locking them tightly inside like Pandora and her cursed box. It’s within that they build and become insidious, finally finding a way to bubble to the surface… they peak their heads out eventually, saying, “hey remember me the nasty little creature you locked away long ago?”
Its time to face our fears, dance in the dark, pull off the mask and break it. Its time to live a little because until you learn to let loose and actually be with the wind, the rain and the water, you are only going to drawn under the pressure. Eventually something has to be done, some form of spiritual house cleaning.
I keep hearing the famous line from Fleetwood Mac’s Dreams, “When the rain washes you clean you’ll know” and I think I am beginning to understand the process of cleansing. There are still so many layers to break through, to wash away and to really come face to face with. One thing I know is now its time, time to get back to basics and time to get back to spirit.
I want to stand outside and spin until all the colors of blue, black and purple swirl into gray, until the ground and the sky rumble as one. I want to spin until I become the eye of the storm. I want to spin until there is nothing left but the rotation of change. I want to spin until I am one with the great wheel of the universe. The truth of dancing with the chaos is finally settling into my bones.
The only way to the light is through the dark. I think that having a beautiful, peaceful and spiritual life is all about learning to move and bend. Spiritually we must be like a tree in a great storm… if we are rigid and unwilling to move, then parts of use begin to crack and break and eventually our foundation will be pulled away. Movement is key in all of this. Movement is among the most important spiritual keys to follow.
I ask you to stand in the rain and rage with the thunder and be cleansed by the water and then as all the layers of fear, pain and negativity fall away declare, “This is MY life and MY truth. I will move with spirit and dance with destiny.”
Take from this rain the truth that there are signs everywhere speaking to us, asking us to pay a little closer attention. Signs come from everywhere and they may be global or personal, just look for the essence of everything and allow yourself to connect with the essence of everything rather than the shell.
So much love,
I’ve been contemplating doing a post about this for some time and recently I had a conversation with someone about the subject. So I decided I would give you some basic information about spirit guides. This is enough to get you started!
What are Spirit Guides?
- A spirit guides is a discarnate entity that’s sole purpose is to aide you on your life path. You and your guide made a soul level contract before incarnation that they would watch over, guide and protect you, as well as disperse spiritual insights and synchronicities into your life.
- Your spirit guide has a unique understanding of you and the path that you have laid out for yourself. Often they work with you when you create your spiritual map. They have a vantage point from which they guide you because they are able to see your map clearly and they can view the “bigger” picture of our journey.
- Your spirit guide is your souls assistant working behind the scenes. Whether you are aware of them, they constantly watch over, protect and guide you.
Does everyone have a spirit guide?
- Absolutely everyone has a spirit guide. Some may argue that there are people who do not have guides, but as far as I have seen we all do. No matter what your religious background or beliefs are, even if you do not believe in God, you still have a guide.
- We have a primary guide, who has incarnated at least once. The reason being is so that they have empathy about our journey here on earth. Now if you do not believe in incarnation or that whole philosophy it doesn’t negate the idea of a spirit guide. We also have a secondary guide or guides that can walk into your lives at key points bringing us more specialized guidance. For example: If you are beginning to explore a new career path and you are very passionate about it, but not very confidant you may have a secondary guide who steps in and helps you in this area. They are specialty guides.
How can I recognize the presence of my spirit guide?
- Any time you are stressed or undergoing extreme changes in your life a spirit guide will be more dominant in your life. Their purpose is to help you with the difficult areas of your journey, so when times are tough remember that they are there.
- It is common for people to hear their name being called, when no one is around. Usually your guides are trying to get your attention.
- You may see flashing lights, often blue or white. Maybe even shadows or silhouettes out of the corner of your eye.
- Reoccurring dreams, especially of a stranger whom you feel comfortable with.
- A unique fascination with a name or geographical place, which is often connected to the name or ethnicity of your guide.
- Some sort of reoccurring symbol. Such as numbers, letters, motifs, etc.
- Physical sensations. Often the feeling of being touched on a shoulder or hand or someone standing near you to one side or the other.
How can I know my guides name and what they look like?
- Most people like to know the name of their guide first. There are many ways to get the name of your guide. Basically you can ask, “What is your name?” and then wait to see which name pops into your head first, or which names stands out to you (the next person you meet, a billboard, song on the radio or it may be written on a piece of paper). You can also use a baby name book and open a page at random and select a name by pointing with your eyes closed. Or the other way is to use a name that you feel drawn to.
- People often want to know how their guides look or what their sex is before they connect with them. My answer to this is 1) they may appear in whatever form they wish. As an animal, ball of light or a physical person. Your primary guide will typically take the form of a human. Meditation is key in finding out what they look like or you may have a dream or vision or you could ask a reader. 2) You can ask them to appear in a certain form because your guide will do whatever it takes to work with you in your comfort zone.
How can I easily speak to my guide?
- The simplest way to speak with your guide is by talking out loud to them. Your guide will find some way to communicate back with you. This could be through symbols, visions, dreams, songs, verbal communication, feelings, television programs or other people. They will find the best way to communicate with you if you just trust.
- Using an oracle deck is an easy and powerful way to communicate with them.
- Write letters to them or leave little messages posted around your home or office.
- Mediate. You can do this through a guided meditation or by simply being still for a few minutes a day.
- Creativity and art. They are drawn to creativity and they love to inspire us. Inspiration comes from the word spirit!
A few more things
- Angels and spirit guides are not the same. Typically your spirit guide is not a loved one who passed. These are three different types of entities.
- Your guides have far more ability to help you when you ASK for them to help!
- Spirit guides do not control any aspect of your life; they only offer you help and guidance. You have free will at all times. You may even ask for certain aspects of your life to be inaccessible to your guides if you like.
- They are not all knowing. They have more insight into our life because they are watching outside of it and they can connect with our subconscious mind which is far wiser and our map.
- Guides are never negative, harmful, pushy, controlling or frightening.
- They know when to turn their heads if you know what I mean, but they are never truly absent.
- They truly are your bestfriends. When you begin to connect with them, it should be more like a reunion, rather than a first encounter.
This information is only a small portion of what can be written about the subject. I’ve only pulled out the basics to get you started so that you can begin working with and calling on your guides. Once you’ve read this you can begin enriching your life by consciously connecting with them.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions that you may have about this subject. If there is anything that I can elaborate on or any confusion I may clear up, I would be more than happy to. And I would love to hear any stories you may have about working with your guides. What was your first encounter like? Do you remember the first time you consciously worked with your guide?
© Shaheen Miro 3/22/2011
Death is the traditionally the 13th card in the Major Arcana of the Tarot deck. This is one of the most feared and misunderstood cards of the deck and I often hear people say, “God I hope I don’t get the death card!” because it terrifies them. I am here to tell you that the Death card is one of the most magical, brilliant and truly spiritual cards of the Tarot.
First let me say that this card would be more appropriately titled “Transformation”. If this card is pulled it is more likely speaking of a metamorphosis, rather than a physical death. Many people fear the idea of death because they fear loss, but death is actually a strangely intimate and wise creature. Death allows us to be reborn and renewed.
Whenever I think of this card, I instantly think of the metamorphosis of a butterfly. How it changes from a less than beautiful caterpillar to something gorgeous and ephemeral. Think of yourself in this same way. It’s much easier to ride the waves of change than to fight them, and in the end there is always a treasure to be cherished.
With the card of death always comes a lesson. You have completed one phase of learning and you are now entering another. I feel that if the death card comes up you have triumphed over something difficult and it’s now time to rejoice. But death may also council you to befriend your fears before they get the better of you.
To understand this card you must take to heart the simple truths of death itself. Death has no bias, it has no favorites; death is simply a law that energy must abide by. The truth is nothing can ever be destroyed, so you have to think of death as a gatekeeper of sorts or the doorway itself.
If you get this card then you are in an extremely powerful place of change, where energies are being shifted and transmuted. This card may herald new beginnings in your life physically, mentally or spiritually. Be ready for these shifts and embrace them.
There is nothing frightening about death; from it stems a new phase of consciousness. Be open to transformation. As you transform the old, worn-out and tired parts of you are reborn into something new.
© Shaheen Miro March 19/2011
Cards, tarot and other oracle decks are wonderful tools of focus and intentions and they can be utilized as a powerful tool of manifestation. They can become a wonderful way of “mapping” out what you want to come in the future.
The cards are a great tool for manifestation because they give you a way to visualize the things that you are trying to bring into your life. The cards are at their simplest level pictures with meanings. By selecting the pictures that mean what you wish to bring into your life, you can start to truly map out your goals.
The concept of mapping out goals with the cards is an extremely powerful method that can help you to attain your dreams and manifest whatever it is that you are seeking in life. The cards are pure forms of concentrated energy and their purpose is to link up with intentions. These can be intentions that have already been laid forth, or the cards can serve as foundation stones for new goals.
The game of Mapping with the cards is basically creating, destroying, affirming and shifting energy patterns. The most essential spiritual tool that we are all here to learn is conscience manifestation and that is exactly what this method of using the cards will do.
I have found two ways of doing this.
Begin by laying out the cards in your spread of choice, allowing the cards to fall in whatever way they wish. Interpret them looking at the meanings based on the placement and interpretation.
Now go back and look at the cards and their placement. Look at what each card means. Is it a something from the past, present or future? And is it something favorable? Do the cards that you have reflect your idea of what you want your life to be like?
If you want something to be different, then go through the deck and look through each card and find cards that speak to you… now lay them over top of the cards that you wish to “Re-route”… you are trying to create a new path on the map of your life. In essence you are sending a different energy into that specific place in your life, thus manifesting something different.
Now this isn’t only reserved to the future, that’s why you look at the past and the present in this exercise too… because you can change the energy that is associated with a past situation and a present one, even if you can’t change the events themselves.
The second process you can do is chose your favorite layout and instead of asking the cards a question and then laying them out you go through the deck and hand pick each card for their placement in the spread. In this way you are actually creating the map from beginning to end.
This idea of Mapping out your destiny is a form of conscience manifestation. I am constantly urging my clients to believe in their own personal power and their ability to manifest. Manifestation starts by changing your thoughts, beliefs and feelings and knowing that you alone have the power to pull into your life the things that you want and need.
The Spread: Hermes Map (Please Click this link to see the PDF of the spread layout)
I have created a spread that will help you in this journey. I have titled this spread, Hermes Map, because Hermes is the god of travel and the messenger to the gods. With this spread you will be laying out intention and giving it to the universe, thus creating a shift that allows the universe to tailor itself to your desires.
I have modeled the spreads layout after the Caput Daconis (The head of the dragon) geomancy figure because this is figure represents positive energy moving and shifting in the direction of something new.
Card One: The Spirit
This card is the essence of your goal. It represents the heart of the matter, the true energy behind what you are trying to pull toward you. Part of manifesting is understanding what gives life to something. For example: if you are trying to manifest a new home then you are in essence trying to manifest security or something along those lines.
This card should be at the heart of your goal. Strip down your desire and find out what it really is. You may even revise your goal based on this. If you are seeking $600 by Wednesday, you might actually be seeking security and not just money. This card takes some thought!
Card Two: The Keeper
This card is the energy that sees the goal through. You are asking this cards energy to keep your goal on target. You need to adapt the identity of this card as you are seeing your goal come to life.
Again you must get to the heart of the goal. If you were trying to manifest a new job your guardian may be “gratitude”, because as you see your goal of gaining a new job, you are trying to learn to be grateful for what you have.
Card Three: The Trickster
This card is about revealing your fears and insecurities behind the goal. If you want to manifest a desire successfully you must learn to be honest with yourself. Keeping negative energies locked away that may sabotage your goal is unwise to this process. You want to get the trickster energies out now so that you can move forward effortlessly.
Ask yourself, “What limiting feelings do I have about this goal? How might I sabotage this? Why can’t this possibly work?” This card is the negative nasty energies that we don’t want to face, but we know exist.
Once you’ve picked this card… Look at it for a second and then affirm that it no longer has power over you. Turn this card face down because it no longer exists in your map of manifestation. You have passed its tricky riddle and you are free to move along your path.
Card Four: The Reflection
The reflection card is basically your image of yourself after the goal has been attained. How will you feel once you have seen your goal come to life? Chose a card that really speaks to the Spirit and the Guardian and that takes back its power from the Trickster.
Card Five: The Treasure
The Treasure at the end of the map is the goal itself. You have followed the map, starting with your intention, holding the hand of your keeper and snuffing out the flame of the trickster… you have seen your reflection as you happen upon this beauty.
The Treasure is truly the manifestation of your goal. You have traveled the path keeping in mind and heart the true essence of this treasure. You have been guided by the Keeper and The Trickster, realizing the reality of your goal along the way and now you have it firmly in your hand.
This card is the manifestation of your goal. This card is your goal. So pick a card that shows your goal specifically!
Once you have laid out all of your cards, be with each one for a second time and focus on their faces. See their truth, beauty and power and take them into your being. You have laid out the map, now you are breathing life into it.
Affirm as you travel through each card that your goal is coming to life. And remember that true affirmations are in the present and you do not use the word “no” or “Not”, you would never affirm, “I no longer feel bad!” you would actually affirm, “I now feel wonderful!”
To affirm the energies of your map, ask for your personal guides and guardians to come in. Pray, write your goal on a piece of paper if you wish and tuck it away somewhere special. Light a candle. You could leave your cards out with the candle. You could even sleep with the cards under your pillow until the goal comes to pass.
The possibilities of the Hermes Map spread are endless… just have fun and add to or take away whatever you like. You may wish to change the layout of the cards to fit with another figure of geomancy. You may wish to add a new piece to the map, such as a card for the timing of your goal!
If any of you are interested in this method of manifestation and need help in the process understanding what cards to pick or how the layout works I would be more than happy to help you. We could even incorporate this in your reading. Let me know if you need any help at all.
© Shaheen Miro 3/4/2011
Tea leaf reading is a highly creative, intuitive and introspective form of reading. I really connect with the practice because its relies strongly on the imagination, which I believe is the pathway to intuition. Unlike other forms of divination, tealeaf reading is easily accessible to those who are willing to trust in their creative and intuitive side.
Tea leaf reading, also called Tasseography, is little known to most people, yet it is a very practical form of divination because it can be done right at the kitchen table with nothing more than a teacup, saucer and some tea. Tough there are many traditions that accompany the art of reading tea leaves, its nothing more than seeing and interpreting symbols… along side of listening to the intuitive/psychic self.
Historically it is said to have originate in China, as part of the tea ceremony. The tea ceremony is a meditative practice that allows the practitioner to enjoy every aspect of having a cup of tea. From their it may have spread to Europe with the Gypsies or as international trade started becoming more common place and the export of tea.
Every so often I will do a reading for myself and my method of choice is to have a nice cup of tea and then read my leaves. To me it is a very magical and atmospheric experience. The cup reveals the inner workings of the psyche, as well as showing the path a person is on; past, present and future.
If you are interested in a different experience then book a tea leaf reading with me. Also, you can have a (psychic) tea party and everyone can see what his or her cup has to say. Tealeaf reading is about having fun and learning something new!
Please watch my video to learn more about the process of a tea leaf reading.
© Shaheen Miro 2/6/2011