One of my favorite techniques!
Changing your life begins with changing the energetic story you are projecting into the world. Action must proceed intention. And intention is the seed of creation. When we look at our lives like puppets on the strings of fate we lose vital power. You are meant to live a life of expansive power, brilliant splendor and creative output. Sometimes we get a little lost in the storm of life… And forget how powerful we really are!
So much magic lies dormant within you, and all around you. Tools of change are at your fingertips… Little treasures of magic just waiting to empower your intentions. These tools are nothing more than energetic supplements to add to the already innate power within you. Crystals, candles, talismans and prayers… All of which elicit a visceral response that pours out into the Universe to create change.
You are always engaging in this process with your thoughts, your feelings, and whatever you choose to put energy into. But when you learn that you can direct this energy, you find big magic is everywhere just waiting to work for you! Rather than getting caught in the undertow of life you learn to move with your personal flow. And you can attract or repel the things that you want and need in your life.
I present many, many tools and techniques here to help people reclaim this birth right of empowerment. Through spiritual cleansing and protection you learn to protect your energy, and take ownership of what manifest in your life. These simple tools become ceremonies that gesture to the Universe, and your inner wisdom helping you to co-create the life you want.
It must be said that you cannot change every single thing in your life… Because you are part of the larger world. But you can at least control your reaction to these things. This is the root of personal empowerment and manifestation.
One way I like to use this raw potential is by lighting candles of intention. These intention candles become beacons in the vast Universe igniting your desires and pulling them to you. Firelight has long been honored and regarded as something magical, divinely created. It awakens our sense of wonder and reverence. So naturally lighting a candle can be a simple form of relaxation, or a major energetic game changer.
A candle is simply a vehicle for infusing and impressing your intentions upon and then allowing the energy to spiral outward. You are taking a more active approach to creating your dreams. Rather than daydreaming, or speaking you are literally creating!
Whatever candle you choose, let it be a fresh one that has never been burned before. Color can factor into the decision based on the vibration of color and the symbolic association. A white candle is, in my mind, a pure form of energy waiting to manifest. You can take this candle and wash it with a bit of fresh water mixed with sea salt, or some Florida Water, or even a bit of incense smoke. This is to energetically cleanse the candle to make it fresh and ready for your desire.
Holding this candle in your hand, and near your heart you can fill it with you desire, dreams, and prayers. Impress upon it what you are wishing to manifest… As if it is a light signal conveying a deep message to the Divine. As you hold that candle fill it with as much energy, feeling, and imagery you can. You are imprinting your personal power upon the candle’s raw potential. Again, this is a signal to the Universe for change… Much like making a wish before blowing out a birthday candle!
I often repeat a prayer or affirmation to convey my intention. I usually write this affirmation or prayer prior to creating my intention candle. I really hone in on what I want to create. What tides of change are you trying to summon? By writing this down you solidify it within you head and heart, and you can leave this near your candle for an added layer of intention.
Some people will choose to use an already written prayer, a psalm, a poem or even a song lyric. Sometimes you might find yourself speaking stream of conscious as you hold the candle. Let your inner wisdom guide you as you articulate what your truest intention is.
Keep in mind that you want your intention to be affirmative, rooted in the present and always positive.
This candle is the light of change. Like a moth my desires are drawn to me. Opportunities for love and romance are all around me. My perfect partner finds me. Loving, attentive, and completely committed. I am open to this change.
Once you have completely impressed upon this candle your intention it is ready to be lit. Light the candle in a sacred space where you feel open, receptive and safe from distraction. Imagine the flame igniting your desire, and pouring light into the Universe. This is the light of change, and whatever you desire is attracted to it… Like a moth. Being drawn closer to you.
This is a signal to Divine, benevolent forces!
Or if this candle is to keep something at bay… Imagine it to be a protective barrier warding off and keeping the shadows from your life. Whatever works for you… The energy will follow your intention.
Light the candle and allow it to burn. Be with it for a bit, continuing to focus on the intention you are creating. Allow it to burn out completely. Or snuff it out and relight it again the following day. You never want to blow out an intention candle. Allow it to burn for a few minutes each day if you can and continue to focus on change.
Let your candle burn, and build energy and project your intention outward. Each time you light your intention candle muster as much energy as you can toward your desire. Repeat your affirmation to help you keep your focus and clarity. When the candle has burned you may choose to create another intention candle… Depending on how big or small your goal is.
A good rule of thumb is within a few days you should see some sign of change… If anything a feeling of shifting energy within you. Within a few weeks you should begin to see things manifesting that support your desire. And within a month or so you should see this goal actualized. This is not a guarantee… Sometimes you may need to alter your intention and heed the message that Spirit might be trying to convey. It is good to consult an Spirit worker if you are trying to tackle a big, or somewhat lofty goal!
Please, feel free to ask questions below about the process of creating Intention Candles. I will share more information in the future.
© Shaheen Miro
My beautiful, fascinating wonderful people… Out there spiraling through the Universe. I hear you. I see you. And I totally feel you. You’re feeling dark. Maybe life is a little sucky?
I want to address a few things that I encounter everyday in my life, and the lives of all of you…
1. Things aren’t the way you want them to be! That could be an understatement. You feel like everything is falling apart. Your efforts are going nowhere. You can’t get ahead. And maybe you want to give up?
I get it. I have been doing a lot of shadow work lately, too. Rinse and repeat. There is always more shit to get out of your system… Your mind, your body, your soul. Limiting patterns of belief and fear that keep is in a gridlock of pain. It’s not pretty stuff… And no one wants to deal with it.
EXCEPT YOU DO!
When people contact me they are coming to me because of pain, trauma, confusion, and general feelings of being stuck. They want somethings, they keep reaching for it, but despite efforts they can’t reach it… Believe me I know this intimately.
Where is my man? Why am I poor? How come I can’t get a new job? Why won’t my house sell? On and on… And on… (Let me say there are no stupid questions. All your questions are wonderful, and welcomed. But there are questions that can take us deeper!!)
I love it. I love to hear the intricacies of our lives. The dark, looming, ominous shadows that peek out of the closet and haunt us while we sleep. It lets me know we are all on this big, wild planet whirling into chaos. But there is a secret to it all…
People want to know when things I are going to happen. If they don’t seem to be happening they want to know how to make them happen. Or people want to know when thing are going to STOP happening. If they don’t seem to be stopping anytime soon they want to know how they can make them stop.
2. I have said it a million times… And it is worth repeating. You are always telling an energetic story. That energetic story is the accumulation of your thoughts, beliefs, ideas, fears, sensations, and experiences about the world… And how you fit into it.
So when we look into your life psychically… We are looking at those very things. And those “things”, the voices that are leading your life create a very strong. No omnipotent narrative in your life… In fact, it is your life!
Your life… The color, texture, and quality of it is the manifestation of your very own personal microcosmic Universe… And it’s point of attraction. It is pushing and pulling things in and out of your life by the nano-second.
And at the center of this swirling-dervish-personal-universe is a nexus of power that creates whatever is put within it. It is your point of attention, attraction and awareness.
3. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
I will tell you… It means that EVERYTHING you give liberal amounts of energy to are going to take root, grow and sprout in your life…
So when you spend all your energy on… When is this pain/point of resistance (insert your personal flavor) going to end? You are putting that very thing into your personal nexus, thus creating more of that!
You see… Your personal universe doesn’t understand time… Past, present, futures. It knows only the right now. When you are in those other segments of linear time… Focusing on the junk… You are ferociously repeating the mantra of that exact point of pain!
“I’m lonely. I’m LONELY! I AM LONELY!”
“I have no money. I have NO money. I HAVE NO MONEY!”
You get the picture…
4. Really we are living in fear of our own power. And, trying to repair the damage of things that are better off discarded.
When you make the mental, emotional, and deeply soulful shift from… I want, I need, I don’t have… I’ll never get… Whatever it might be. To the completely centered… I AM! Then big things happen. You make a radical gesture in the Universe, and against the norm.
You are essentially saying… I am not asking for permission. I am going rogue. I do not need for anyone, or anything to prove to me I am these things… I am playing it my way!!
It’s a pretty big concept. Sometimes lofty. And, all together worthwhile. The power is in not letting anyone or anything knock you off course. And always reminding yourself that when you get off-course… You can redirect back to that place of empowerment.
Yes, it is about setting a clear INTENTION. But it is also about living that INTENTION by splashing it with some really juicy ATTENTION!
5. And then there is that other part… The letting go of the POINTLESS STUFF.
What do I mean?
I mean… stop trying to validate why you are hurt, or how you were hurt, or who did it. The trauma is not the point… It is healing it and seeing the flip side that is the point. Sorry if that sounds radical. But sometimes we spend too much time trying to feel sorry for ourselves, and really minimize how powerful we are.
Yes, I absolutely want you to spend time in self-love/care/compassion… You need that. That is actually the point of attraction you need to cultivate in order to heal. You do not have to forget what hurt you, or limited you, or exploited you.
But what you can do is say… Hey you did this shit to me. I didn’t like it. I am done with the power play. Thanks… Goodbye.
And from there the real healing begins.
6. Here is a good example that comes my way often. People feel like they have heaviness on them. Maybe a curse. or someone intending them ill will. So they want spiritual cleansing.
Spiritual cleansing is one of my FAVORITE THINGS! Because it helps to clear away the debris so the real healing can begin. Like washing the walls before you paint them.
But, most people come with a feeling of being vicimized. They want spiritual cleansing… And then they want it to be completely over. Never to deal with it again. SORRY it does not work that way…
When you do any kind of spiritual work it is not one and done. It is actually creating a shift. You are trying to establish a new flow, that is DIFFERENT from your old flow.
So if you do spiritual cleansing because you believe you are being targeted by someone… Then you are only seeing one side of the situation. You are also doing something to yourself… You have allowed (mostly on a deeply unconscious level) something of that person/situation to take hold in your subliminal space.
THEN AND ONLY THEN CAN THEY WORK ON YOU!
So we do spiritual cleansing to get the junk off and out of your system… And then we do big magic to replace that with something better. But it is a commitment and work on your part. My magic wand can’t just make it go away forever… At least not at this point in time!
7. You are so loved and supported… And you can heal!
I am spinning honesty over here… Just for you! Because this back and forth power play that we keep ourselves in with our potential and our pain is going nowhere fast.
When I work with you I want to HELP YOU TO HELP YOURSELF! Our time together is time to empower you. To give you the tools, the space, the perspective to make your own magic happen. So you can see results and actually cultivate change.
I don’t want you to sit in your life and feel like nothing is going to change. I don’t want you to sit down and shut up. I don’t want you to fade away and forget about your dreams… Because something made you feel small. You are NOT SMALL!
If you really want change then you have to get a little wild, crazy and ready to get dirty!
So does something in your life suck? Are you feeling bogged down? Are you wanting to make big changes?
Then let’s work together!! If you are willing to put in the self-love and self-care it takes to be brave, honest, and powerful in your life… Then we can do big things.
There will be a lot of shadow work. A lot of saying no. A lot of doors closing… To open better ones. And a lot of healing… And GETTING WHAT YOU WANT!
What are you feeling out there?
Hit me with your questions and comments… I want to know what YOU feel.
Florida Water is a traditional tool for spiritual cleansing, blessing and protection. It began as common toilette water in the 19th century, and grew in popularity by spiritual workers of all verities. The mixture is a combination of water, alcohol and essential oils. It has a strong citrus scent, with floral undertones and a slight earthy smell.
The fragrant botanicals are the source of the water’s power. They attract good fortune, and benevolent spirits to whomever, or wherever the water is used. Florida Water essentially raises the vibration of whatever it comes into contact with making it unsuitable for negativity and harm to thrive, and linger.
Florida Water can be used as a base for any energetic and magical application. It can be used for baths, floor washes, and for anointing. It is a powerful tool for spiritually cleansing your home after a difficult time, or when dealing with extremely negative entities. It can also be used to clear, and reprogram crystals, gems and jewelry.
Some practitioners even use Florida Water as a type of offering to their ancestors, spirits and other forms of Divinity. It is a wonderful tool for blessing a shrine, altar or sacred space. You can mist a room with it before a Reiki session, or an intuitive reading.
If you are an energy worker, or if you do any type of meditation/trace/hypnotism work this is a good protective measure to begin with. Apply Florida Water to the wrist, temples, base of the head and the feet. Or anoint the 7 major chakras/energy centers of the body.
Keeping bowls of Florida Water in your home will help to ward of negativity and keep a high vibration within the space. You can wash any new items you bring into the home, especially thrifted pieces. Florida Water will keep any attachments from linger with the pieces.
I’ve even found it to be beneficial for combating nightmares, or sleeplessness. Keep a small cup or bowl of Florida Water by the bedside. Or even better, under the bed. This will filter out negativity.
When you are feeling especially “off” or as if something is attached to you, rub yourself down with Florida Water. Wash your clothes, and bed linens in it. And spritz it around all rooms. This will untie energetic cords, and keep icky thoughts away.
The uses for Florida Water are endless. You can make it as simple or complex as you like. But whenever you are in need of a good jolt of energy… add a little of this to the mix!
Murry and Lanman’s Florida Water is the most common. You can find it easily online, and in many corner stores. Hispanic markets often carry it, as well as a few Chinese markets. There are many handmade options out there as well.
For More Tips Check Out:
© Shaheen Miro 2015
Everyone has a collective of celestial helpers waiting to by their side. These are your spirit guides, and they are waiting patiently to help you. Sadly, some people never learn to consciously connect with their guides, but here is some information to introduce you to who they are and what they do!
What are Spirit Guides?
- A spirit guides is a discarnate entity that’s sole purpose is to aide you on your life path. You and your guide made a soul level contract before incarnation that they would watch over, guide and protect you, as well as disperse spiritual insights and synchronicities into your life.
- Your spirit guide has a unique understanding of you and the path that you have laid out for yourself. Often they work with you when you create your spiritual map. They have a vantage point from which they guide you because they are able to see your map clearly and they can view the “bigger” picture of our journey.
- Your spirit guide is your souls assistant working behind the scenes. Whether you are aware of them, they constantly watch over, protect and guide you.
Does everyone have a spirit guide?
- Absolutely everyone has a spirit guide. Some may argue that there are people who do not have guides, but as far as I have seen we all do. No matter what your religious background or beliefs are, even if you do not believe in God, you still have a guide.
- We have a primary guide, who has incarnated at least once. The reason being is so that they have empathy about our journey here on earth. Now if you do not believe in incarnation or that whole philosophy it doesn’t negate the idea of a spirit guide. We also have a secondary guide or guides that can walk into your lives at key points bringing us more specialized guidance. For example: If you are beginning to explore a new career path and you are very passionate about it, but not very confidant you may have a secondary guide who steps in and helps you in this area. They are specialty guides.
How can I recognize the presence of my spirit guide?
- Any time you are stressed or undergoing extreme changes in your life a spirit guide will be more dominant in your life. Their purpose is to help you with the difficult areas of your journey, so when times are tough remember that they are there.
- It is common for people to hear their name being called, when no one is around. Usually your guides are trying to get your attention.
- You may see flashing lights, often blue or white. Maybe even shadows or silhouettes out of the corner of your eye.
- Reoccurring dreams, especially of a stranger whom you feel comfortable with.
- A unique fascination with a name or geographical place, which is often connected to the name or ethnicity of your guide.
- Some sort of reoccurring symbol. Such as numbers, letters, motifs, etc.
- Physical sensations. Often the feeling of being touched on a shoulder or hand or someone standing near you to one side or the other.
How can I know my guides name and what they look like?
- Most people like to know the name of their guide first. There are many ways to get the name of your guide. Basically you can ask, “What is your name?” and then wait to see which name pops into your head first, or which names stands out to you (the next person you meet, a billboard, song on the radio or it may be written on a piece of paper). You can also use a baby name book and open a page at random and select a name by pointing with your eyes closed. Or the other way is to use a name that you feel drawn to.
- People often want to know how their guides look or what their sex is before they connect with them. My answer to this is 1) they may appear in whatever form they wish. As an animal, ball of light or a physical person. Your primary guide will typically take the form of a human. Meditation is key in finding out what they look like or you may have a dream or vision or you could ask a reader. 2) You can ask them to appear in a certain form because your guide will do whatever it takes to work with you in your comfort zone.
How can I easily speak to my guide?
- The simplest way to speak with your guide is by talking out loud to them. Your guide will find some way to communicate back with you. This could be through symbols, visions, dreams, songs, verbal communication, feelings, television programs or other people. They will find the best way to communicate with you if you just trust.
- Using an oracle deck is an easy and powerful way to communicate with them.
- Write letters to them or leave little messages posted around your home or office.
- Mediate. You can do this through a guided meditation or by simply being still for a few minutes a day.
- Creativity and art. They are drawn to creativity and they love to inspire us. Inspiration comes from the word spirit!
A few more things
- Angels and spirit guides are not the same. Typically your spirit guide is not a loved one who passed. These are three different types of entities.
- Your guides have far more ability to help you when you ASK for them to help!
- Spirit guides do not control any aspect of your life; they only offer you help and guidance. You have free will at all times. You may even ask for certain aspects of your life to be inaccessible to your guides if you like.
- They are not all knowing. They have more insight into our life because they are watching outside of it and they can connect with our subconscious mind which is far wiser and our map.
- Guides are never negative, harmful, pushy, controlling or frightening.
- They know when to turn their heads if you know what I mean, but they are never truly absent.
- They truly are your bestfriends. When you begin to connect with them, it should be more like a reunion, rather than a first encounter.
This information is only a small portion of what can be written about the subject. I’ve only pulled out the basics to get you started so that you can begin working with and calling on your guides. Once you’ve read this you can begin enriching your life by consciously connecting with them.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions that you may have about this subject. If there is anything that I can elaborate on or any confusion I may clear up, I would be more than happy to. And I would love to hear any stories you may have about working with your guides. What was your first encounter like? Do you remember the first time you consciously worked with your guide?
If you have questions, comments or stories, please comment below, or tweet @ShaheenMiro #TheGypsyTalks
@ShaheenMiro | #TheGypsyTalks
© Shaheen Miro 3/22/2011
“You do readings over the phone?!”
“Yep, I sure do! And email!”
“How on earth does that work?”
It amuses me that people are baffled by phone and email readings! But at least they believe a reading can be done. That is a good first step. But why is it more believable that a reading can be done in person, but not long-distance?
I think people are quick to believe in an in-person reading because they can see it. They can see the cards, they can see your face, and they can touch something. They can respond and react with more than just their voice.
The disconnect is most people still don’t understand energy!
A reading is an energetic evaluation! When someone reads you, they are tapping into the energies that surround you. They are recounting your energetic story… the one that you are creating in your personal universe… which links up with the big Universe and makes things happen!
Even if a reader is using Tarot cards, or tealeaves, or palms, or runes… they are only tools. The tools are creating patterns based on energy, and the reader is interpreting those patterns.
And… energy has NO limitations. It isn’t bound by time and space. It doesn’t have to conform to gravity. Energy is anywhere and everywhere. A thought can be sent to the other side of the world instantly. A dream can bring two people together who have never met before. That is the magic of the unseen world!
So when you have a long distance reading… you may not be right there. But your spirit is!
© Shaheen Miro 2014
There is magic in trying, but not knowing. Sometimes you have to close your eyes and go along for the ride. I have danced in the dark many times… and some how I have always came out unscathed. My scars are badges that mark the successes of my journey. You may not see the strength in your beauty as you go through life… because it’s not always easy to see the road you’ve traveled unless you learn to fly overhead.
It’s not worth trying to rationalize the dreams we have. I’m finished with reason and sensibility… it’s not what seems logical, it’s what feels wonderful. I am living my life for me, for all the things I love, for what makes me vital. If it feeds my spirit then it’s right. Regardless of how insane that may seem.
There should be no regret in heeding the call. It may be misunderstood, but then again that is in the eyes of onlookers… and you should never do it for them anyway. I’ve traveled the edge of dreamland and stood astounded by the glory and mystery. Those moments live in my heart, delicious seeds germinating in silence. The dream hasn’t ended because the dream has just begun.
Here I stand in the threshold of what was, what is, what will be… what has always been, and yet hasn’t had a chance to begin. And here I will jump of the ledge and the embrace of angel wings will lift me up beyond the pain. I will soar, you can soar, there is room enough for us all to fill the skies… there can never be too many stars shinning in the night.
Reach out your hand, close your eyes, and dive. Don’t play the game, just jump in and dance. You can’t change their actions, or reactions, you can only grind to your own rhythm. And remember… if you do it in love, if you do it in trust, if you do it because it feels right to your heart… then it will touch everyone around you in a positive way, either now or someday, and magic will bloom until it fills the room, the eyes and the spirits of everyone.
He said… dream gypsy boy… dream
© Shaheen Miro 2013
You are spirit, the accumulation of intention, dreams, and creativity. You are in a state of constant flux, revolving and circulating around one giant sphere of the Divine. Nothing is truly static. If you aren’t changing, then you are battling the Universe.
Death is beautiful. It is the ultimate poetry of life. You die to the setting sun, to be reborn at tomorrow’s light. You die to every moment. You die every year, as you grow older and wiser. You die at the ending of every project, and you are reborn at the beginning of every new one.
Life is a dance of change and transformation. The affirmation of your spirit is metamorphosis. You are a being of light that radiates, pulsates, and undulates. If you lose the essence of your spirit, then you’ve lost the point of life.
People grow stagnant. Their spirits become gnarled and weakened. If you unplug from source then you slowly fade away, until you are a shell mimicking life. We fear death because we fear what we can be. We know the reality, but we forget the dream.
Death has been very present in my life the past year. I’ve lost many beautiful lights whom I loved greatly for their bravery, wisdom and unconditional love. I grieve for the loss of their relatable presence in my life. I grieve for their smile. I grieve for their conversation. But through my grief I realize that they are at peace. They are burning stars in the never-ending disco.
Death isn’t easy. It jars you. It pulls you out of your shell. You are forced to step beyond your comfort zone. You are left dancing in the dark. Traversing beyond what you know as the truth. But there is the beauty. You’ll never grow unless you’ve experienced.
The truth is that you’ve never really seen a painting until you’ve looked at it from all angles. Stand on your head; see it in a mirror, stair from one side to the other. Life is art. Explore art don’t admire it!
When I see the Death card in the Tarot, it usually means that you are in a state of change. The tune is changing, and you’ll need to find a new groove. But the Tarot isn’t discerning. Tarot doesn’t tell you what you want to hear… It tells you what you need to hear. It doesn’t know the difference between a “metaphorical” death and a real one. It only knows that the energy is changing.
So can the Tarot show a real death? Yes! Absolutely it can. I’ve seen it many times. I’ve experienced it personally with the loss of my own loved ones. It’s doesn’t have to be frightening. It serves to enlighten you.
Tarot predicts death. Death isn’t bad. It’s not a warning. It’s a reminder that you are living.
© Shaheen Miro 2013
Here is a video that I created awhile ago on spiritual cleansing techniques. This is a brief introduction to spiritual cleansing that offers a basic foundation for you to start from. Be sure to explore the other tips and tricks that I have shared.
This video starts with: Smudging, using the smoke from herbs to cleanse with.
Spiritual cleansing is a powerful tool to help you live happy and healthy lives… and to help you consciously manifest.
If you are interested in energetic cords, visit this post.
© Shaheen Miro 12/28/2011