Hello Everyone… You know I always love connecting with you. Hearing your stories and sharing the magic. There are a lot of things in the works here in my mystical little world, and some changes that are happening. My mind … Continue reading
My beautiful, fascinating wonderful people… Out there spiraling through the Universe. I hear you. I see you. And I totally feel you. You’re feeling dark. Maybe life is a little sucky? I want to address a few things that I … Continue reading
The air is heavy and thick. A feeling of change writhes through the streets and deep into the heart. All our parts are coming undone. The spots between the fragments are starting to show. Incongruencies are growing too great to ignore. … Continue reading
And the days go by like a strand in the wind… in the web that is my own… I begin again. –Stevie Nicks
My head and hands hum with energy. I can feel the raw power of my inner self building, and pushing to the surface. Sometimes I stomp, twirl and sing as loud as I can to release this passion. Self-expression is the path to spiritual empowerment.
Every moment is a chance to begin again. Opportunities slip in and out of our lives. Sometimes we will grab them by the horns and other times we are completely blind-sided. Yet, there is always another moment to be free, to be brave, to be wild.
Have you ever felt the call of your own raw passion?
Or the intense energy of your own creative expression trying to break free?
Of course you have… we all experience this. This is our true self. The self that seeks to be heard, felt and given life.
When you sit at your desk, antsy for something bigger, and bolder you are feeling your spirit. When you walk down the street with a deep longing for something exciting and new you are feeling your spirit. And when you actually fall curious to your own longing you go into a deep communion with the Universe.
Creative expression is act of prayer.
Pray out loud. Pray with your words. Pray with your voice. Pray with your body. Pray with your colors. Pray with your actions.
I want you to know that you are always being born again to the moment.
Do you dare to be transformed into something bigger, bolder and free?
Today make ONE RADICAL Gesture OF SELF-EXPESSION!
What does that mean?
Radical gestures of self-expression are those unadulterated moments of doing something for the hell of it. Doing something because you want to. Not because someone else told you to. Radical gestures of self-expression are those moments where you dance, and sing like no one is watching. Put on a show for the world just to say you did.
Go out into the WORLD, baby, and do the damn thing!
Promise me you will do one thing that feels a little dangerous, a little wild, that takes you out of your BOX.
Let that fire, energy, and life surge through you. Get a taste of your DIVINITY and see what comes next.
I want to hear about it. Leave me a comment, or send me a message.
Want to make big changes in your life?
© Shaheen Miro 2015
Janet told me that she used to have “floating people” in her room. She was too young to know that adults refer to them as spirits or ghosts.
Some children see strange things, like orbs of light or sparkles, possibly auras or rainbow streaks of energy. Others see spirit entities, such as angels, spirit guides, and the spirits of other people who have passed away. Quite often, these strange or different abilities can frighten the child when it happens. It is important to sooth their fears and help them understand that there are answers.
Why do children see entities that are invisible to the rest of us?
As we become adults, we develop a different perception of reality. As adults, we are programmed to discard certain images, noises, and feelings as unreal, especially if they are not scientifically proven or socially accepted. Many of us have programmed our intellect to doubt our intuition. Most children have not had the chance to train their perception to correspond with these adult versions.
Many parents teach their children at a very young age to block psychic images. Humans feel better when we all experience things in similar ways. They may tell their children that imaginary friends are not real, and that visions are just bad dreams. This sends a message to the child that they should mistrust what they actually experience, and instead rely on adult reality. It robs children of a sense of self-trust that they will definitely need to find their way in the world.
We all have telepathic abilities and use this as a method of communication to send messages even when we are not aware of doing so. You may think of an old friend that you haven’t connected with in years and in the next day or so you get an email or phone call from them. The two of you connected telepathically (which I like to call the Field of Synchronicity) and this mental “signal” brought about an urge to take action and connect physically.
But many children are experiencing much more than that. They may unconsciously move between both the psychic realms and the physical realms at the same time. They may even recognize parallel universes, alternate realities, and multiple dimensions all layered together at once. They may not be able to distinguish between our familiar third dimension and the many layers of “other worlds”. It becomes difficult to make sense of it all, or to even know that other people do not experience it the same way!
As a result, your child may see spirit beings or entities from other dimensions or realities right in front of their eyes, (not knowing that our “normal” vision doesn’t register this anomaly).
Imagine what it would be like if you were in your living room with your parents. But also your great grandmother (who died 10 years ago) was there, as well as several pets from spirit, and other people you never saw before (from a parallel universe) just walking around and being there at the same time. You might even see several outdoor scenes with mountains, waterfalls and meadows. There could be sheep or cows in the meadow, too. See what I mean?
This is not only challenging and confusing for children, but perhaps overwhelming in a more material world where psychic and spiritual phenomena are rarely acknowledged.
Meg was in bed and sobbing uncontrollably. She was scared because she saw my mother, who passed away last year. I obviously couldn’t see her, but I told her not to be scared. That she might there to protect her. But I am so very concerned…
Many children coming into the world now are coming with an acute sense of awareness: Not only about physical things, but about metaphysical things. By that, I mean the children are seeing with their spiritual eyes. They feel with their spiritual senses; they even hear with spiritual ears.
I know, for some of you it does not always make sense. But when you realize that humans are not only physical beings but have spirit and mind, you can understand that there are perceptions on those other levels too. The mind and the spirit also have awareness.
A medium works with spirit energy, or a lighter frequency than the earth plane, and connects with spirit, usually loved ones that have died, spirit guides and higher entities. Mediumship is being aware of the vibrations of spirit beings, and receiving messages from them. It is the communication of a deceased loved one through an intermediary. The information is then given to those who are grieving the loss. The main purpose is to provide recognition of continuing life after the physical death, and to send love and encouragement.
Other reasons spirit beings open communication with the living are to give evidential information only acknowledged by those still in the body. They create outward activities perceived by humans in a physical manner.
These activities are often recognized as paranormal activity. They manifest in physical form to be identified. Just because the child sees and communicates with spirits, does not mean he is a medium. It only means he has mediumistic tendencies. These abilities need to be honed, practiced and mentored, to be understood and used properly.
Many young children, who recognize spirits, see them all the time and can be very overwhelmed by it. Many professional mediums, on the other hand access the spirit world at specific times, on purpose. The child can learn to open and shut their abilities as needed.
There are many differences between parents who don’t really understand what is going on and their children who don’t know how to explain it. The more you can read about the subject and communicate with your children, the easier it is for all concerned. Always be supportive and let your children know you are there for them.
Open and Close Energy Exercise
- Sit quietly with your child and pay attention to your breathing.
- When you feel comfortable and relaxed, pretend there is a huge, bright star shining above your head.
- The star shines so brightly that you feel warm from the shine of it.
- Say out loud, “I am opening my energy to see, feel, or hear my spirit guides, angels, and loved ones.”
- Enjoy whatever communication you see, hear or feel.
- When you are finished, say out loud, “Thank you very much. I am now closing my energy. I do not want to see, hear or feel right now.”
- Finish your exercise by seeing the star shine getting smaller and closing up.
How Do You Handle This?
Parents can feel all types of emotions from being paralyzed with fear, to being curious and supportive when their child reports seeing ghosts. If their children are scared by encounters with the spirit world, parents naturally fret about how to best help their kids through this fear. This may be a challenge since fear can be so intense that it causes the child – and sometimes the parent – to become physically sick from it.
If, on the other hand, the child feels open and comfortably connected to the world of ghosts or spirits, then parents may feel less apprehensive. Either way, parents are sure to be baffled about how to proceed.
The younger the child is, the more natural the response is to the phenomena. This is proof enough to me that it is real, since it is an honest response.
I have known and worked with other children who see, or hear, or feel things that are different from the normal physical things we are comfortable experiencing. Children do not see limitation. They see things of a spiritual-realm nature. It is natural and normal. It exists, whether we see with our physically limited eyes or not. Our children these days are coming into the world totally aware of the spirit realm. They see no limitation. We must be alright with that, because it shows how wonderfully our human race is evolving!
But as many kids as there are that have psychic experiences, each one will be different, with specific indications and characteristics. Each indication or characteristic may need a specialized approach depending on the child involved.
Each child is raised in a certain family, with genetic history, cultural and social backgrounds. So the approach to their experiences will be different. So it’s important not to compare your child’s experience with that of other children.
You are very blessed to have a child that is open and sharing with the things they see or witness.
© 2015 Copyright, Melissa Leath
About Melissa Leath
Melissa is owner of Off the Beaten Path Intuitive Arts and facilitator of the Professional Psychic Medium Certification Program. She has been a certified spiritual medium since 1982, and is author of several books, including Does Your Child See Sparkles? Help for Parents Guiding Psychic Kids ( http://www.amazon.com/Does-Your-Child-See-Sparkles/dp/1489523820/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443034545&sr=8-1&keywords=does+your+child+see+sparkles%3F ) You can find out more about Melissa and her programs at http://www.melissaleath.com
Being a young empathic, your child could be sensitive to many external things, besides other people’s energy. Examples could be loud noises or extreme light, clothing that rubs their skin in an irritating manner, pollen and other outside irritants such as weeds and flowers. Carpeting and flooring glue can cause problems too.
Being physically grounded and fully “in the body” are essential tools in dealing with these situations.
So what can help your child stay physically grounded? Food
More specifically, the best food for your child helps your child stay grounded to deal with these outside sensitivities. Since each child is different from their siblings and parents, there are no steadfast rules about what foods are better and what are worse. Each child has special needs. So it is important to learn more about the different types of natural foods, synthetic foods, and junk foods. This may take some experimentation.
Keeping life and health in simplistic balance is a natural way to prepare a child with special requirements. Monitor what your child is eating, by only having natural and organic foods at home. Let them be active in the planning and preparation of meals.
There has been so much research dealing with attention problems and hyperactive children. Do some of your own research and find out what works best for your child’s balance in energy. Some of their stress could be coming from food allergies such as food dyes, preservatives, and additives, as well as pesticides.
Consider some of these options:
- Some kids do better with all fresh vegetables and fruits instead of canned.
- Others do well with only raw foods
- Gluten free eating may be a way of clearing toxins from the body.
- Juicing fresh fruits and vegetables is a great way to get the nourishment needed and could be right for your child.
- The natural color of food may play a big role in what your child will or will not eat
- Meats and meat products (milk, cheeses, yogurts, etc.) can slow down the body’s metabolism. This may make your child sluggish, sleepy, or cranky.
- Proper food combining can keep the mind sharp and the body lively.
You may have a picky eater on your hands. I can relate to this, since I was a picky eater when I was young (still am to a certain degree even now as an adult). I always had trouble eating meat and certain vegetables. They always made me gag. I believe that the body speaks to us in wise ways that are sometimes misunderstood, especially with the young. And children who cannot or will not eat certain foods could be doing so because their bodies cannot handle them properly.
At the age of seven, I remember sitting at the dinner table for many hours after everyone else left me there. The rest of the family had eaten all their food, so they went outside for the evening. But I had not eaten the beef on my plate. (I usually could eat a few bites, by my father believed I should consume the whole portion.) So, I had to sit there until I ate it all.
After I thought my dad had gone outside, I stuck the piece of offending beef under the bone that was on my plate. I thought I had hidden it pretty well. But Dad came strolling into the kitchen, and pulled the meat out from under the bone, and said to me: “Now, there. Eat all of it.” Needless to say, tears and gagging followed. To this day, I have difficulty eating more than a few bites of meat.
It’s never a good idea to force your child to eat things when they are not feeling like it. Be sure to question your child to see if they feel compelled to eat because of emotions, or not to eat because they have an upset stomach (which might be empathic anxiety). It could be that your child just doesn’t need much food at this stage in growth. The best thing is to keep plenty of nourishing foods that they do like, so they can have the best available when they do feel like eating.
Drinking plenty of water is always important for the body to function properly. Look into sugary soda drinks and decide what you will allow in your home. Many children become hyperactive and uncontrollable with too such sugar in their drinks.
Ideas to interest your child in participating in their own nourishment:
Grocery Shopping. If your child is older they may like to help with making the grocery list, and helping with the shopping. Be sure they consider the nutrition of the food item in question, and the way it could be combined with others for a meal.
Meal Ideas: Magnets for the fridge, blocks of felt on cloth board, or good old fashioned chalk and blackboard for meal ideas. They could cut out magazine photos or grocery ads with meal ideas.
Meal Planning: Older children, especially pre-teens and high school will feel involved as they plan one or two meals each week. And their desires are addressed.
Cooking: Help in cooking/preparing according to age and skill.
Tables: Set the dinner table with themes, color schemes, etc., that includes your child’s likes.
Growing Food: Planning and planting outside gardens and indoor containers of herbs, etc. This always helps a child accept foods that are good for them. And the gardening experience is the best way of “Earthing”, a form of grounding by working with the soil.
Family Meals: Eating together at least once a day will give your child a feeling of belonging. They will share in conversations of daily activities, and tend to eat better.
Make sure the whole family supports and participates in these healthy eating decisions. And always check in with your family medical professional before you make any changes.
After your intuitive child grows older, changes may need to be made to their nutrition list and the schedule of eating. Take your time and flow with it. This certainly is the journey that your family can lovingly address as time goes on. And your child will let you know when it is time to shift the food by the way he acts.
2015 Copyright, Melissa Leath
About Melissa Leath:
Melissa Leath, owner of Off the Beaten Path Intuitive Arts, facilitator of the Professional Psychic Medium Certification Program™, works with empathic kids and young adults in private mentoring programs. She has many online workshops and classes. Author of Psychic Integrity and Does Your Child See Sparkles? http://www.MelissaLeath.com
Kids Growing Up Psychic Series
“Some smaller children see them during the daylight, even outside in the Sun. Others see them swirling in patterns, sometimes in different colors. Yet others see them only at night.”
Spirits, angels, and guides show themselves to us all the time. But we don’t always recognize their presence. Adults especially have a difficult time seeing spirit energies. But the New Kids are so wide open that they see these energies easily.
Parents usually report confusion and fear concerning their young children seeing such things. The kids are usually seeing “sparkles” and orbs at the age of three or four, and it lasts at least several years. They view the experience as normal, and may not say anything special about it, thinking that everyone sees them.
The phenomenon gets stronger, and by the time they are eleven or so, it is very common to them. Older children, can be ridiculed, accused of making up the whole thing, and shy away from sharing the experiences. I have known some children that run and jump to try and catch the sparkles.
It may seem like a strange anomaly. But seeing Sparkles, Orbs, and other Spirit Lights is as normal as can be. But I imagine having your child describe something to you that you have never seen would be difficult to understand – and believe. Let me assure you, that if your child is seeing something very special – and natural.
What Does This Energy Look Like?
Sparkles can be seen by people as small flecks of dust, iridescent particles, flashes of light, blinking clear lights and something called “static,” such as the static or fuzz you might see on the television when the station has gone off the air.
Many have said they see them better at night, in the dark. While others (especially, smaller children), see them during the daylight, even outside in the Sun. Others see them swirling in patterns, sometimes in different colors. These people occasionally see black or dark sparkles, but not very often. Sometimes they spin around and blend together. Usually, it is seen with eyes closed as well as open.
Have You Ever Seen Fuzz and Particles?
After going back into my own childhood, I realized I have always seen sparkles. However, I would not have called them that. To me it was more like hazy fuzz. If I could describe it now, I would say it was the substance that matter is made of. It looks like manifesting energy to me.
Just What Is This? Lifting of the Veils
Now that the veils are lifting from our awareness, and the energies are opening up to other dimensions; we are able to recognize things so much more. The separation between the earthly realm and the spiritual realm is beginning to open up and blend. The thing is that the Sparkles (or energy fields) have always been there: just as the aura around a person is always there, but many people cannot see it. Only after they have been instructed as to what it is, and how to see it, do they really recognize it.
The way I understand, the particles that present themselves like Sparkles, Orbs and Spirit Lights are very visible. But it is not distinguished by the brain. It seems to be part of another dimension and not something that we are accustomed to seeing, so it does not register in the brain as being real. Only after you understand that it could be a possibility can you begin to identify it.
Another way to think about it is the spirits of those who have passed away are always around us. But we might not be able to see them. Sometimes, you can see movement out of the corner of your eye. You turn your head, trying to see it physically and it disappears. It works the same way with Sparkles.
Some children believe the Sparkles are angel lights. That could be. Also, there is a new resurgence of a phenomenon called “orbs”. They are large, round balls (at least larger than the sparkles) that float around, usually at night. Quite often they show up in photographs. They seem to represent spirit energies or entities of one kind or another and like to be around nature.
So the thought that Sparkles could be angel lights makes sense. However, I am given the information that the Sparkles are an element of energy that is “arranged” by angels in a manner that we can appreciate, and possibly connect with. So they are not really the angels, but are sent by the angels.
We All Have the Ability to Experience Sparkles
If you close your eyes very tightly and rub them with your hands, then open them, you see sparks of light. This is a natural affect due to the pressure of pushing on the eyeball. But with energetic or spirited Sparkles it works the other way around. You must lose your focus, or not wanting to focus on anything.
It works better when you are in your bedroom at night after you turn off the light. I usually close my eyes as soon as the light goes out, because when I was a child, I could see these particles moving around, forming designs. It scared me so badly that I learned to close my eyes to keep from seeing it.
Here is a great experiment to try:
- After you get in the bed at night, turn out your light.
- Lay in your bed with your eyes open.
- After your eyes get accustomed to the darkness, everything will have a haze, or film covering it.
- You might even see it moving around.
Yes, you might even think you are going crazy! But believe me, you are not. The more you play with this concept, the more you will experience.
Yes, I see a beautiful pattern and they are sacred geometrical shapes. Very intricate and even the smallest pattern within the large pattern is geometrical. When looking at the design from a large viewpoint, I see bigger shapes made from the smaller shapes. – Eleven year old.
Here is a list of the way some kids see these energies:
Orbs or Bubbles
What if you don’t want to see them?
You and your child are always in control of the things you allow in your energy field. Ask your guardian angels and spiritual guides to help you with this. Tell them nicely that you don’t want to see the sparkles all the time. Then plan a special time that you could see them, only when you want to. Being empowered with this beautiful gift is important. After all, you are in charge of what you want to have around you. Also, if it just gets too much at a certain time (say, at bed time) ask the sparkle energies to stop showing themselves to you then. Be nice and polite, but firm.
The purpose of this article is to give understanding that we all see things. Sometimes we don’t acknowledge them, or might ignore them. But our children are able to see many things and interact with them. It’s all fine. It is normal (not paranormal). Blessings.
** While explaining Sparkles and other spirit energies, it must be understood that I am referring to the spiritual concept of seeing an energetic substance – not a physical vision, or eye problem. And I encourage anyone who thinks their situation might be physical in nature to see a medical professional concerning it. **
© 2015, Melissa Leath. All rights reserved.
About Melissa Leath
Melissa is owner of Off the Beaten Path Intuitive Arts, facilitator of the Professional Psychic Medium Certification Program, medium, mentor, and author of Psychic Integrity, The Respected Practice of Modern Day Mystics and Does Your Child See Sparkles? Help for Parents Guiding Psychic Kids.
Find Your Psychic Self at http://www.melissaleath.com
Everyone has a collective of celestial helpers waiting to by their side. These are your spirit guides, and they are waiting patiently to help you. Sadly, some people never learn to consciously connect with their guides, but here is some information to introduce you to who they are and what they do!
What are Spirit Guides?
- A spirit guides is a discarnate entity that’s sole purpose is to aide you on your life path. You and your guide made a soul level contract before incarnation that they would watch over, guide and protect you, as well as disperse spiritual insights and synchronicities into your life.
- Your spirit guide has a unique understanding of you and the path that you have laid out for yourself. Often they work with you when you create your spiritual map. They have a vantage point from which they guide you because they are able to see your map clearly and they can view the “bigger” picture of our journey.
- Your spirit guide is your souls assistant working behind the scenes. Whether you are aware of them, they constantly watch over, protect and guide you.
Does everyone have a spirit guide?
- Absolutely everyone has a spirit guide. Some may argue that there are people who do not have guides, but as far as I have seen we all do. No matter what your religious background or beliefs are, even if you do not believe in God, you still have a guide.
- We have a primary guide, who has incarnated at least once. The reason being is so that they have empathy about our journey here on earth. Now if you do not believe in incarnation or that whole philosophy it doesn’t negate the idea of a spirit guide. We also have a secondary guide or guides that can walk into your lives at key points bringing us more specialized guidance. For example: If you are beginning to explore a new career path and you are very passionate about it, but not very confidant you may have a secondary guide who steps in and helps you in this area. They are specialty guides.
How can I recognize the presence of my spirit guide?
- Any time you are stressed or undergoing extreme changes in your life a spirit guide will be more dominant in your life. Their purpose is to help you with the difficult areas of your journey, so when times are tough remember that they are there.
- It is common for people to hear their name being called, when no one is around. Usually your guides are trying to get your attention.
- You may see flashing lights, often blue or white. Maybe even shadows or silhouettes out of the corner of your eye.
- Reoccurring dreams, especially of a stranger whom you feel comfortable with.
- A unique fascination with a name or geographical place, which is often connected to the name or ethnicity of your guide.
- Some sort of reoccurring symbol. Such as numbers, letters, motifs, etc.
- Physical sensations. Often the feeling of being touched on a shoulder or hand or someone standing near you to one side or the other.
How can I know my guides name and what they look like?
- Most people like to know the name of their guide first. There are many ways to get the name of your guide. Basically you can ask, “What is your name?” and then wait to see which name pops into your head first, or which names stands out to you (the next person you meet, a billboard, song on the radio or it may be written on a piece of paper). You can also use a baby name book and open a page at random and select a name by pointing with your eyes closed. Or the other way is to use a name that you feel drawn to.
- People often want to know how their guides look or what their sex is before they connect with them. My answer to this is 1) they may appear in whatever form they wish. As an animal, ball of light or a physical person. Your primary guide will typically take the form of a human. Meditation is key in finding out what they look like or you may have a dream or vision or you could ask a reader. 2) You can ask them to appear in a certain form because your guide will do whatever it takes to work with you in your comfort zone.
How can I easily speak to my guide?
- The simplest way to speak with your guide is by talking out loud to them. Your guide will find some way to communicate back with you. This could be through symbols, visions, dreams, songs, verbal communication, feelings, television programs or other people. They will find the best way to communicate with you if you just trust.
- Using an oracle deck is an easy and powerful way to communicate with them.
- Write letters to them or leave little messages posted around your home or office.
- Mediate. You can do this through a guided meditation or by simply being still for a few minutes a day.
- Creativity and art. They are drawn to creativity and they love to inspire us. Inspiration comes from the word spirit!
A few more things
- Angels and spirit guides are not the same. Typically your spirit guide is not a loved one who passed. These are three different types of entities.
- Your guides have far more ability to help you when you ASK for them to help!
- Spirit guides do not control any aspect of your life; they only offer you help and guidance. You have free will at all times. You may even ask for certain aspects of your life to be inaccessible to your guides if you like.
- They are not all knowing. They have more insight into our life because they are watching outside of it and they can connect with our subconscious mind which is far wiser and our map.
- Guides are never negative, harmful, pushy, controlling or frightening.
- They know when to turn their heads if you know what I mean, but they are never truly absent.
- They truly are your bestfriends. When you begin to connect with them, it should be more like a reunion, rather than a first encounter.
This information is only a small portion of what can be written about the subject. I’ve only pulled out the basics to get you started so that you can begin working with and calling on your guides. Once you’ve read this you can begin enriching your life by consciously connecting with them.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions that you may have about this subject. If there is anything that I can elaborate on or any confusion I may clear up, I would be more than happy to. And I would love to hear any stories you may have about working with your guides. What was your first encounter like? Do you remember the first time you consciously worked with your guide?
If you have questions, comments or stories, please comment below, or tweet @ShaheenMiro #TheGypsyTalks
@ShaheenMiro | #TheGypsyTalks
© Shaheen Miro 3/22/2011