Do You Have Spirit Guides?
Everyone has a collective of celestial helpers waiting to by their side. These are your spirit guides, and they are waiting patiently to help you. Sadly, some people never learn to consciously connect with their guides, but here is some information to introduce you to who they are and what they do!
What are Spirit Guides?
- A spirit guides is a discarnate entity that’s sole purpose is to aide you on your life path. You and your guide made a soul level contract before incarnation that they would watch over, guide and protect you, as well as disperse spiritual insights and synchronicities into your life.
- Your spirit guide has a unique understanding of you and the path that you have laid out for yourself. Often they work with you when you create your spiritual map. They have a vantage point from which they guide you because they are able to see your map clearly and they can view the “bigger” picture of our journey.
- Your spirit guide is your souls assistant working behind the scenes. Whether you are aware of them, they constantly watch over, protect and guide you.
Does everyone have a spirit guide?
- Absolutely everyone has a spirit guide. Some may argue that there are people who do not have guides, but as far as I have seen we all do. No matter what your religious background or beliefs are, even if you do not believe in God, you still have a guide.
- We have a primary guide, who has incarnated at least once. The reason being is so that they have empathy about our journey here on earth. Now if you do not believe in incarnation or that whole philosophy it doesn’t negate the idea of a spirit guide. We also have a secondary guide or guides that can walk into your lives at key points bringing us more specialized guidance. For example: If you are beginning to explore a new career path and you are very passionate about it, but not very confidant you may have a secondary guide who steps in and helps you in this area. They are specialty guides.
How can I recognize the presence of my spirit guide?
- Any time you are stressed or undergoing extreme changes in your life a spirit guide will be more dominant in your life. Their purpose is to help you with the difficult areas of your journey, so when times are tough remember that they are there.
- It is common for people to hear their name being called, when no one is around. Usually your guides are trying to get your attention.
- You may see flashing lights, often blue or white. Maybe even shadows or silhouettes out of the corner of your eye.
- Reoccurring dreams, especially of a stranger whom you feel comfortable with.
- A unique fascination with a name or geographical place, which is often connected to the name or ethnicity of your guide.
- Some sort of reoccurring symbol. Such as numbers, letters, motifs, etc.
- Physical sensations. Often the feeling of being touched on a shoulder or hand or someone standing near you to one side or the other.
How can I know my guides name and what they look like?
- Most people like to know the name of their guide first. There are many ways to get the name of your guide. Basically you can ask, “What is your name?” and then wait to see which name pops into your head first, or which names stands out to you (the next person you meet, a billboard, song on the radio or it may be written on a piece of paper). You can also use a baby name book and open a page at random and select a name by pointing with your eyes closed. Or the other way is to use a name that you feel drawn to.
- People often want to know how their guides look or what their sex is before they connect with them. My answer to this is 1) they may appear in whatever form they wish. As an animal, ball of light or a physical person. Your primary guide will typically take the form of a human. Meditation is key in finding out what they look like or you may have a dream or vision or you could ask a reader. 2) You can ask them to appear in a certain form because your guide will do whatever it takes to work with you in your comfort zone.
How can I easily speak to my guide?
- The simplest way to speak with your guide is by talking out loud to them. Your guide will find some way to communicate back with you. This could be through symbols, visions, dreams, songs, verbal communication, feelings, television programs or other people. They will find the best way to communicate with you if you just trust.
- Using an oracle deck is an easy and powerful way to communicate with them.
- Write letters to them or leave little messages posted around your home or office.
- Mediate. You can do this through a guided meditation or by simply being still for a few minutes a day.
- Creativity and art. They are drawn to creativity and they love to inspire us. Inspiration comes from the word spirit!
A few more things
- Angels and spirit guides are not the same. Typically your spirit guide is not a loved one who passed. These are three different types of entities.
- Your guides have far more ability to help you when you ASK for them to help!
- Spirit guides do not control any aspect of your life; they only offer you help and guidance. You have free will at all times. You may even ask for certain aspects of your life to be inaccessible to your guides if you like.
- They are not all knowing. They have more insight into our life because they are watching outside of it and they can connect with our subconscious mind which is far wiser and our map.
- Guides are never negative, harmful, pushy, controlling or frightening.
- They know when to turn their heads if you know what I mean, but they are never truly absent.
- They truly are your bestfriends. When you begin to connect with them, it should be more like a reunion, rather than a first encounter.
This information is only a small portion of what can be written about the subject. I’ve only pulled out the basics to get you started so that you can begin working with and calling on your guides. Once you’ve read this you can begin enriching your life by consciously connecting with them.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions that you may have about this subject. If there is anything that I can elaborate on or any confusion I may clear up, I would be more than happy to. And I would love to hear any stories you may have about working with your guides. What was your first encounter like? Do you remember the first time you consciously worked with your guide?
If you have questions, comments or stories, please comment below, or tweet @ShaheenMiro #TheGypsyTalks
@ShaheenMiro | #TheGypsyTalks
© Shaheen Miro 3/22/2011